Save or Splurge- MAC vs Rimmel


Hello Beauties! <3....its Friday!
So today i want to ask your opinion on these concealers, I got the Rimmel- Renew and Lift from Asos thinking it would be a good comparison to the MAC Select Cover Up.




I really like the Select Cover Up because it is really cream but has amazing coverage for a creamier concealer. I find that this concealer is good for spots but it is also good for under eye concealing. MAC Studio Cover Up contains 10ml or 0.33 fl oz for £13.50 or $20 USD. I find that Select Cover Up lasts for a long time product wise as well as lasting time of your makeup, this is a concealer that does need to be powdered to prevent creasing or it rubbing off.


The Rimmel Renew and Lift is quite a good concealer because it is between Select Cover up and something like the texture of Select Moisture Cover. This concealer is quite good because i found out about it from Asos and thought I might as well try it. Coverage wise this is a lot like the select cover up it is soft and great coverage. Rimmel Lift and Renew contains 10ml of Product or 0.34fl oz for £5.29 or $10 USD. I find that this concealer lasts just as well as the MAC Select Cover up and has the same finish



As you can see from the swatches above MAC Select cover up on the top and Rimmel Renew and Lift on the Bottom, They both look the same and in the swatch to your right the MAC Select cover up is on the right and Rimmel Renew and Lift of the Left. I find these to be really quite similiar which is great for those who cant or wont spent over £10 on a concealer.

Both can be found online or in shops - Asos or MAC Cosmetics

What do you think?
Have you tried 1 or both?
Leave a comment <3

Im happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions not about the post, find me on Twitter @MrAJBx3

Thanks for Reading!
MrAJBx3
xxx

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

13 comments:

  1. LisaUnderwood16:25

    I'm so glad I read this, I was going to order the Mac concealer today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad i could help you hehe! <3

    Thanks for commenting xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. terrabbycupcake18:07

    Thanks for the comparison I might have to try the Rimmel one just because..I have a bad habit of trying too many concealers:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha me too! <3 i have soo many concealers xx 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe Clark07:41

    I really like Rimmel concealers, but I've never used renew & lift before, now I have to try it! I was thinking about branching into MAC foundations and concealers as some get really great reviews and have great coverage, but now I think I'll stick with my Rimmel :P great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to buy a MAC foundation, actually! May have to now...










    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. glossandglitz05:53

    I love Rimmel products (and the price!! xD) great review Andii!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks hun! <3 rimmel is awesome tbh xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. :p hehe yeah x

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah if it works for you why should you changed? but i do like the MAC concealers though hehe :P

    Thanks for commenting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow never tried any but after this
    i think am heading to rimmels why spend so much while u can spend less ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exactly if it works for you why spend so much money! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exactly if it works for you why spend so much money! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!