Keep your skin looking good for Models- Cat Bates


Hey all!! It's been a while since my last little post, but here I am again!! :) 

I have been asked to do a little post about how to help keep a good skin care regime. This is SO important for models. Your face is a blank canvas, it is there for a make up artist to work their magic and transform that blank canvas into a work of art. No matter what the type of photoshoot, whether its a natural look, all rocked up, creative with glitter, gems and accessories..the list is endless! You need to have a good base for make up artists to work with..so how can you achieve this?!
If you are a lucky few who don't have problem skin, can just wake up with a beautiful fresh face with a splash of water, or a little wipe then I am very jealous! However, if you are prone to blemishes, spots, breakouts, or just want some tips and ideas to keep your skin looking and feeling refreshed then read on! :)

Please note, that these are all my own personal opinions on what I have experienced myself, this is what I do to help keep my skin looking the best it can. :)



Always always always remove your make up before you go to bed! If you haven’t worn make up that day, still, give your face a nice little clean.
I always use a facial wipe to take off the majority of the make up. I then use a cleanser and some lovely soft cotton wool, you would be surprised at how much make up can still be left on your face!  I wait a minute or two before I get out my toner, again used on cotton wool. When using my cleanser and toner I use upwards motion, I believe this is to help get into all the pores, and remove as much dirt and make up as possible. Once I have finished with the cleanser and toner (the cotton wool no longer has traces of make up or dirt) I use a gorgeous moisturiser to make my skin feel gorgeous! Then I sleep!!!
In the morning, I usually only use a facial wipe and some moisturiser. Because my skin is sensitive, I often find if I do my night time routine more than once a day, my skin becomes very blotchy, flaky, oily, and generally not in great condition!
I have started to use a face mask, once a week. This makes my skin feel beautiful! I find if I use it the day after a photoshoot, when I have had a lot of product on, off, on and off again it help to bring it back to its normal self again.
                                                     
I also keep my eyebrows in good shape...I don't give them a work out :P But I do make sure that there are no stray hairs and the shape of them are kept quite natural. Please note, that I am aware that everyone has different views on how they want their eyebrows to look, from thick and unplucked/waxed, to little lines or non existent (pencilled in) ..this is if course personal preference! :)
It's not only eyebrows that you have to take care of..and this one can be a bit of a touchy subject..but some women can have a bit of a hairy upper lip (could just be a couple of hairs are darker than rest on face, or could be a genetic thing, or ethnicity).If you have never noticed this before, don't be offended when a photographer, or make up artist tell you to “get it sorted” (like anything, being nice about it helps!) look into it, ask the make up artist what they would recommend.

Please be aware, that this is only opinion of one person. If you have any serious concern for your skin, go and speak to your doctor. Any problem skin may be able to be treated with prescription lotions and creams. Your doctor may also be able to advise you on anything dietary that may be a cause of bad skin problem and anything else that may factor in!

I hope you all enjoyed this post...Please feel free to comment and ask questions!! :) 

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!