Requested- My Professional Brushes and how do I wash them during a shoot

Hey Beauties!
Yesterday i got a comment on my Whats in my Makeup Artist Kit post and it said:

 "can you do a post on your professional brush collection and
 how you wash them during a shoot "

So I thought I would do this post for you today! On shoots i use a variety of different brushes which are kept in my brush belt. usually I will be working on either 1 model or more the one as much as 10 models as I once did myself at a Bridal Show. For this kind of gig you will need obviously a lot of different brushes but as you guys know how clumsy and forgetful I am, I often loose brushes haha

So all my brushes are kept in this Brush Belt as you can see i have Face brushes to the left and eye brushes to the right i use a selection of different brands such as: MAC, Illamasqua, Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, Chanel, Royal and Langnickel, Laura Mercier, NARS etc



I really like this brush belt because it actually goes small enough to fit my waist, I have had brush belts that are to big for me but this awesome and believe it or not its from ELF Cosmetics
The Pockets are large enough for different sizes of brushes i find the pockets at the back are larger and better for the face brushes but I don't like how deep some of the pockets are because i end up loosing brushes in it


To show you my brushes i have take a picture of them all laid out:



As you can see above i use different brushes for different things, i go by the rule that a brush doesnt need to be used for its intended purpose. I use blending brushes like the 217 and the 224 from MAC for Concealer sometimes or brushes like the Illamasqua Highlight brush and the MAC 109 for Foundation
The Pink Handled Blush brush from Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman is my go to brush for Loose Powder.

I find that a mix of real hair and synthetic brushes works amazing because you need synthetic brushes to work with creams as real hair just clogs up and doesn't work with cream in all honesty. If i had to choose to work with either real hair or synthetic I would choose synthetic everytime because you can use powders creams liquids anything with synthetic but with real hair it clogs up a lot if you use stuff like creams and liquids in my experience. Illamasqua Brushes are all synthetic which i love because they are the softest brushes ever and when you use them to apply makeup you can clearly see a difference a good difference because they are just perfectly crafted.





On Photoshoots i will clean my brushes with MAC Brush Cleaner which i just pour into a little spray bottle and use from there i will
spray the brush and then just swirl it about and clean it on a peice of tissue and lay it down flat to dry. I find that using the MAC Brush Cleaner to deep clean your brushes doesnt work very well because you end up using the whole bottle on the first go but using a Baby shampoo or a deep cleaning shampoo for brushes works just as well and doesnt harm your brushes as you can see from mine

Brush Brushes do you love the best? 
How do you store your brushes?
Leave a comment!

I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBATB
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow me by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!