My Love for Highlighters

Hey Beauties! <3
so...its official i am a Highlighter Addict, i know its bad im going to get some help. I just love how they make your cheeks look once you apply them or how they make your lips look.
I'm loving-

  • Touché Ã‰clat by YSL, 
  • Highbeam by Benefit, 
  • Strobe Cream by MAC, 
  • MAC Cream Colour Base- Luna
  • Copacabana Illuminator by Nars.
___________________________________________


  •  Touché Ã‰clat is one of those cult products that any makeup lover has tried before whether they like it or not. I personally love this product, it highlights as well as on pale skins slightly conceals. The light reflective properties work well with under eye circles etc.  Not suitable for Flash Photography
-TIP- When using this outline the lips lightly and blend out to create a gorgeous full pout.













___________________________________________

  • Highbeam by Benefit is the most gorgeous pastel pink colour with gold undertones which dont show when fully blended but add to the gorgeous glow of the skin. The formula is soft and blendable even flawless if applied correctly.
-TIP-  Use a clean cotton to dip into the bottle and apply 3 dots along the cheek bones on either side as well as 3 along the brow bone to create a gorgeous glow and give the skin some dimension


















___________________________________________

  • MAC Strobe Cream is quite similar in texture to the Highbeam but this has a white texture with a pink shimmer. When blended into the skin it looks more like a glow than a shimmer which is think looks amazing, it would work great for a cheek highlight
-TIP- This can be mixed in with your foundation to give it a really nice dewy-glowy finish without looking shimmery or glittery, Great for a night out!




















___________________________________________

  • MAC Cream Colour Base- Luna- is a very pigmented white silky satin colour which can be used again as a cheek highlight or even as a brow highlight and powdered on top. This colour is quite hard to work with unless it is worked a little (Heated up, Body Heat) other than that quite a nice colour and long lasting
-TIP- Placed on top of the cupids bow, this colour will accentuate and make the cupids bow stand out making your lips look more defined



___________________________________________


  • Nars Illuminator in Copacabana has to be my most favourite ever!! Its so creamy and when i say a little goes a long way i mean it (a sample of this lasted me a month!!)) This is amazing for cheek highlighting but does tend to be a bit shimmery in my eyes and I'm not to big on the shimmer! but it does look amazing a lip highlight!

-TIP- A little goes a long way...dont over do it
___________________________________________

Leave me a comment below saying what your favourite highlighter is!


Im happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions not about the post, please visit: http://www.mrajbx3.com/p/requests.html
Tweet me @MrAJBx3


Have an Awesome Day! <3

MrAJBx3
xxx

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

16 comments:

  1. i loved the strobe

    ReplyDelete
  2. EmmaM14718:12

    Lovely post!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gorgeous! loving your giveaway :P such a pretty necklace xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah you really should its an amazing product, it also comes in a liquid which is cool aswell! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piusc!21:34

    you are so pretty!!!!! i discovered now your blog, and i think that is so beautyful!! i follow you by now!

    If you want, come to visit me on my page, is a new project and i hope that you can like it!!
    I'll wait you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting, you are so sweet thanks! it means alot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try the Touche Eclat so badly!  I do love Benefit's High Beam though, but that is pretty much the only highlighter I've ever tried.  Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah  Touché Éclat is one of those products you have to try, its amazing! i love it 
    there is a Male version and different shades! ...thats how good it is

    ReplyDelete
  9. Touche Eclait is one of those products I totally didn't appreciate as a teenager but now I NEED it for a night out or I'm helpless haha! Benefit Moonbeam/Highbeam are fab mixed in with foundation as a little pick me up now and then :)  x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiona Savvy22:09

    I really enjoyed reading this post :) Definitely love touche eclat and high beam.... but my favourite at the moment is Girl Meets Pearl.
     
    Oh, also will have to try your tip with Touche Eclat! :)

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with you there are some things i appreciate more now! I didnt know that! great i might try that! i loveeee Highbeam 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh i love Girl Meets Pearl, its such a pretty colour. Yeah Touche Eclat is amazing for that if you do it before your lips and after your finished blend it out, your lips will look amazing! its great for those that have thin lips aswell so if you ever do makeup on someone you know :D

    Thanks for commenting <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You have a lottt of highlighters! I have steered clear of MAC strobe cream because ive heard from so many that it plays havoc with blemished skin, would you say this is the case at all if you've had that experience?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah haha i love my highlighters haha 
    I havent seen it break me out at all, i think it really depends on your skin or the steps you take before your application of makeup

    Most people blame the cosmetic but it is usually the fault of the person but sometimes it is ingredients
    so i would suggest buying it and doing primer and dont putting too much on etc 

    I mix it with foundation sometimes and its fine to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talita Shaker13:13

    Ugh, I have such shiny skin as it is but I still love highlighters. Its a total addiction!!
    My favourite is Dior Amber Diamond as it makes me glow without the whole 'sweaty glow' thing happening! 

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha :P Luna, Cream Colour Base might be good for you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!