How to: Dark Lips (Using Cyber from MAC)

Hey Beauties!
I have been asked a lot how to do dark lips on people because as its winter the deep lip trend is all the rage from Deep Berries to Deep Reds and if you want to go this far Cyber, which is a deep grape with a reddish undertone (Satin Finish)

MAC Cyber Lipstick and Nightmoth Lipliner


When darker lips I tend to use a lip liner more as you want everything to be perfect as it is a really stand out out colour that people will see.
Below ill give you a few steps to take to get the dark lip look perfect

  • I will often use a concealer or foundation I used and take it over the lips.
  • Line the lips with your lip liner and fill in the edges of the lips to create dimension
  • Usually when doing dark lips i will over draw slightly as darker colours can make the lips look thinner
  • Apply the lipstick to the lips using a lip brush it will be more precise
  • Applying a little bit of power around the lips will prevent feathering as it will be even more noticeable as its dark lips
I think dark lips can look amazing but you do need the confidence to pull it off as it its right in your face.
If you want to see what this looks like when its on I added an image below from a shoot i did with Nuala Swan 

Have you ever done dark lips before?
What's your favourite brand for Dark Lips?
Leave a comment below!



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow me by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

25 comments:

  1. NykkeyB21:52

    I'm a fan of Revlon's Black Cherry. You can do it really dark or just dab it on for a sheer berry tint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous but I would never have the confidence to pull it off. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Gorgeous!! I'm going to have to do this at some point this week (or next). Promise to link this post if I do x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks babe that would be amazing! :D i would love to see it tweet me xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the darker shades of things are so amazing but people just pass them off because they arnt "appropriate which is BS :P

    Thanks for commenting x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly i love dark lipsticks for this because you can as you said wear them sheer or full on there are so many ways tbh xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty
    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. makeupmonster111:00

    Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yewande12:43

    Sexy! I have really been into dark lips lately..Mac Hang Up and Sleek Mulberry are in top two


    www.shelovesthefinerthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for commenting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it so much i think its quite a different unique shade and texture xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for commenting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Cyber by MAC, I have been wearing it for years its my fav. Great post again Andy.

    www.prettylusciousthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So dramatic - not sure I could wear it though :)
    Ambarina - BeautyPassionista.com
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola Flo Beauty Blog04:21

    Is that you? If yes, let me say you are gorgeous! I love that shade but I dont think I could wear it myself !

    xx

    Flo.

    Ps: Im doing a little giveaway on my blog, you're welcome to check out :)

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/2012/12/christmas-giveaway-100-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. No thats not me its one of the models i work with xD xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey! i found you through the BBU Blog Hop and decided to follow. i love this look but have been slightly afraid about trying it out because it's so intense. i think i will though, with a deep red!

    http://sincerelyella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this colour, loving dark lipsticks at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks it such a great colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. me too its such a gorgeous deep purple/grape

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for having a look at my post! deep reds are gorgeous you totally should xD xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks babe! :D means a lot to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. yeah totally hey are gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this color! I love reading in this blog! Also try to check hudabeauty.com Its amazzzzzing!!! :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!