Andrew James' Favourites of 2012

This years favourites have been hard to narrow down because I have had so many favourites through out the course of the year, so i managed to create a different category for everything to make it easier.

Skin Care and Primers-




I cant say enough about these 4 amazing products, the Estee Lauder "Take It Away" Makeup Remover is one of the best removers i have ever used, its has enough power to remove stains from the lips if say you wanted to change it, it removes all waterproof makeup and it even removes ever trace of Double Wear Foundation from Estee Lauder which you all know is really thick!

Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser is quite a new thing to me but made a massive impact on my Makeup Artist Kit, I first found out about it from Holly Arabella she had a blog post on it and then send me some to try and i was hooked, its a moisturiser which mattifies the skin but also it moisturises so well, so if you have dry oily skin this is perfect for you because it doesn't add to the oil.

The cult product Elizabeth Arden "8 Hour Cream" has become one of the best products in my kit for those who have really dry skin that needs moisturising. This is the unscented one as i find a lot of people prefer this as to the scented one which I personally hate but without the smell im hooked its a staple to my kit now

Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer has become my No.1 Primer in my kit and tends to be the only one i reach for as i find it works with everyone to give that flawless base for foundation. It smooths everything out and mattifies but doesn't dry it minimises pours and just looks amazing without this in my kit I don't think id be as happy as i am now to apply makeup nothing beats this


Base and Concealer-

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer which is a small pot of foundation/concealer which is the fullest coverage i have ever seen but can be sheered down to that of a tinted moisturiser if needed

Illamasqua Skin Base the perfect foundation for anyone in my opinion i use it on all of my clients and a number of them have actually went out to buy it because it looked so good on their skin, its fully HD containing no SPF so its perfect for photography.

Kick Ass Concealer by Soap and Glory, another amazing product it contains a concealer, a Brightening corrector and a powder to set everything. It works to cover the under eye circles with its brightening concealer that amazingly does a fantastic job i find myself reaching for this all the time. 

MAC Studio Finish Corrector in Pure Orange is perfect for correcting blue tones or darkness under the eyes its amazing on all skin tones from the darkest to the lightest and then last we have the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat, a cult classic perfect for brightening and lightening under the eyes and giving some "glow" to the face if used on the high points of the face and around the lips for a gorgeous pout!

Cheek Products-


One staple in my kit is the Illamasqua Blush in Intrigue which is a matte white blush which is so intently pigmented its crazy haha. Its perfect for highlighting on the eyes, on the cheeks anything! I really like using this as a brow highlight or a base for eyeshadow

Tom Ford Narcissist Blush is a bright bright pink that is so pigmented you need a really light hand to apply or you risk the clown look. I really love this because its not completely matte its almost a satin finish it looks amazing on the cheeks!

MAC Pro Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture is now my go to contour. Contouring with creams is so much better than with powders as you have more control and it doesnt look powdery so it looks real as the colour is perfect for contouring. Its long lasting and  just .....perfect!

MAC Harmony Blush is a powder version of Pure Sculpture for contouring this used to be my go to for contouring but that has been replaced 

Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes have to be my favourite cream/fluid blushes they have such an amazing texture and are so buildabe the colour pay off is great. Icing has to be my favourite because its a highlighting colour which has pink undertones so it looks great as a highlight its like Benefits highbeam but better


Eyes-

If anyone knows me they know im obsessed with using bases on the eyes (creams) then building with a powder, a few i love are the Tom Ford Cream For Eyes, Illamasqua Cream Eyeshadow and the Makeup Atelier Gel Waterproof Eyeliner which can be used as a base. All have great lasting powder and give an even coverage so the eyeshadow looks its best.

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara has to be one of my favourite mascara's ever because its got such a great formula that helps the lashes to look thick and luscious so that just makes the eyes look amazing, it lasts ages and doesnt flake at all

Makeup Atelier Eyeshadows are something else literally there is nothing like them on the market they are beyond pigmented and last so long you wouldnt believe, they are creamy even though they are a powder which is quite interesting in my opinion

Illamasqua Brow Cake has to be my favourite brow powder because half the time i find brow powders arnt as pigmented as i would like them to be, with this its great because i cant use it as i can use it pigmented or sheered down as well as using it wet for really arched and defined for brows

Lips-

I wasnt going to talk about these products much as they are all amazing,  I really like the lipglosses although the Chanel Glossimers are a bit sticky they are still amazing. the Illamasqua Lipstick in Eurydice is my favourite lipstick from Illamasqua! The lipliners I chose were MAC Nightmoth, No.7 Nude, No.7 Red which are all amazing liners that go on smoothly and cover the lips perfectly with great pigment


 
I have to disagree with a lot of people who say they love the Shu Uemura Eyelash curlers but i really love the Kevyn Aucoin ones because they give such an amazing curl and the curl holds, I have both pairs but i like these much more

What were your favourites this year?
What do you think of mine?
Leave a comment! 



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow me by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

10 comments:

  1. Am with you on the Kevyn Aucoin curlers - they open much wider than other curlers so you can get all the lashes in without scaring the model or yourself :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really like Illamasqua huh? :p I've only tried a nail polish... I've been eyeing up the Daniel Sandler watercolor blushes but I can't really justify forking out on a lot of these more 'spensive things. :3 Also been eyeing up the good things mattifier. Might have to pick that up at some point!



    Lizzums x
    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i love Illamasqua it has to be my favourite brand just because of their products but also what they stand for
    you can get the good things from Boots its like £7 xx


    Thanks for commenting x

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah totally i find models are kinda scared but these work better as they are a better shape as well


    Thanks for commenting xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sarirah21:48

    A great selection of products for the year! I've been seeing this Kevyn Aucoin skin enhancer pop up a lot lately. Might have to give it a go in 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Britney01:52

    Love your favorite and your blog <3 Im a new follower I hope u can follow back Britters89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. katesamphotography22:12

    will give...Makeup Atelier Eyeshadows a try

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are awesome you wont regret it! :xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for commenting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should its an amazing product! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!