Save or Splurge- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner vs.Maybelline Eye Studio® Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner vs.Maybelline Eye Studio® Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

Hey Beauties,
I thought I might do a comparison post today on the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner vs. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner

I like both of these gel liners but personally I find myself reaching for the Maybelline rather than the Bobbi Brown one-

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
 Maybelline Eye Studio® Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner-(£16.50) is a cult makeup product if you haven't tried it you have to try it. This liner is really like an almost jelly consistency. It has as the product says a long wearing formula  its smooth and ultra-pigmented. I have also found that using it on myself and models that its great on the waterline.




Maybelline Eye Studio® Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (£6) which is pretty much the same as the Bobbi Brown Liner it has amazing pigmentation, applies softly and smoothly, lasts a long time and doesn't transfer and is quite creamy thats the only thing that is quite different is the texture, this one is more of a cream feel than gel.

 In my opinion they are both very similar and both fantastic products, I always use gel liner when i can because i prefer it to pencil liners as it looks better in my opinion not to mention I hate liquid liners so these would be my choice of liners!

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner vs.Maybelline Eye Studio® Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
Top: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner
Bottom: Maybelline Eye Studio® Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
If you can afford the Bobbi Brown by all means buy it but the Maybelline one is just a less expensive alternative for those who want a good Gel Liner they are both really comparable but in all you are making a saving of £10.50 which is quite a lot considering they are both bascially the same

What is your favourite Gel Liner?
Which one would you choose?
Leave a comment!



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow me by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

7 comments:

  1. Nuala Maria15:58

    I think the Maybelline one looks better! Not tried the bobbi brown one, but when I finish my MAC Blacktrack I'm getting the Maybelline one after you recommended it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a devotee of the Lasting Drama liner since I first bought it as it I'd the only liner I've used aside from the much more expensive Illamasqua Liquid Ink that doesn't melt down my face if I use it under my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! i just dont see why people should spend more on something that works the same and costs less half the time people buy for the label xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah totally agree the precision ink is amazing! i love the gold one so much haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the standard black and also the white Scribe one. If I had a wage beyond my student loan I'd lose it all at the Illamasqua counter, but until then I'll continue raiding the pharmacies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and comparison - I have heard so many good things about the Maybelline liner, I dont have it (yet) but I think it needs to be tried out and its so reasonably priced. Move over Bobbi Brown - you have serious competition on your hands! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly, often i will reach for the Maybelline liner more than the Bobbi Brown one i just wish the Maybelline liner had more choices in terms of colour like Bobbi Brown does

    Thanks for commenting! :D x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!