Best of Beauty 2013

Best of Beauty 2013

Hey Beauties!
I cannot believe its been nearly a year since i posted my favourites for 2012! It seems like 2013 has just flew by and its over already which to be is insane because i feels like just yesterday i posted about 2012.

I have had quite a lot of favourites this year i can never really narrow down what have been my favourites but i do have a selection here. My favourite base this year has really been a surprise to me and its the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow, now if you have been a long time reader of my blog you will know i hated Benefit foundations before the launch of Hello Flawless. For primers i love the Daniel Sandler Retexturising Primer and literally no primer comes anywhere close to this just because of the results its gives it holds your makeup on for ages, it has SPF and it smooths everything out so it shrinks pores fine lines are smoothed out but best of all it can be used everywhere! Eyes, Lips, Face etc but the one thing it doesnt do is hydrate thats where Illamasqua Hydra Veil comes in this is an amazing product as it hydrates the skin so well it has the weirdest texture though, it feels like Jelly! and on my dry skin Hydra Veil is the best thing ever! This year i have been crazy for eye bases and anything to do with the eyes so i have chosen a few of my favourites, Chanel Illusion D'ombre, OCC Cream Colour Concentrate and sometimes i like to use Illamasqua Gleam in Aurora on the eyes because it gives such a gorgeous sheen. For cheeks we have the gorgeous Chanel Cream Blushes! i couldnt pick one so i just picked in general these have the best texture and amazing wear time and finally for brows i picked the Maybelline Brow Studio Eyebrow Mascara simply because it works for me and it lasts you can check out my full review of it here. I do have one favourite for eyeliner this year and it has been one of the best on the market in my eyes and its the Illamasqua Gel Eyeliner which is the blackest black eyeliner ive ever used it applies so smoothly and lasts for a very long time so you can see why i love it so much!

I wanted to give a special shout out to my favourite eyeshadow palette off the year which is the Daniel Sandler Scandal at Midnight Palette its this gorgeous neutral palette but can be used to create really dramatic night makeups

As you can see this palette is so versatile i think this is my favourite palette ever! The black is truest black it doesn't fade or go grey, the Brown tone is really quite taupe like depending on how much you blend it looks awesome in the brows and the White is just so pretty the perfect highlight.

I also have a hair products favourites as because of beauty blogging ive been getting more into hair as well so i thought id show you what i used the most this year


These 6 products are the products i always tend to use be it a combination of them or just one or two of them.
Earlier this year Oribe was kind enough to send me some of their product line to try and since then ive never looked back yes this range might be insanely expensive but i feel like i need them in  my life! The Dry Texturising Spray has to be my favorite styling product its great for long hair but i found out its really amazing for short hair as well i often use this to texturise my hair and give it bulk usually its used with my OSIS Mess Up Matt Gum which is my absolutely favorite for a more "floppy quiff" sometimes i swap the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray for the Label M Resurrection Dust it just depends how i feel but if i want something more structured and hard i will use the Bumble and Bumble Sumotech with the Oribe Hairspray which is a light hold but it does hold hair in place! but if not for the Label M Protein Spray none of that would happen simply because it is literally to put a finer point on it "the dogs bollocks" Ive literally gotten my whole family addicted to using protein spray after washing their hair. All you need to do is spray it into the hair and blow dry it and it will make the overall condition of your hair much better as its bascially hair food. it has a built in heat protectant as well so it literally does everything!


What are your favourites of 2013?
Do we share some favourites?
Leave a Comment!




I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

20 comments:

  1. I'd love to try the Benefit foundation, it seems so light weight and lovely on the skin but still with great coverage. Fingers crossed they've got a shade that works for me - great picks overall :o)! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you really do its a great foundation im sure you will love it! x

      Delete
  2. OCC ARE AMAZING!!!! I love so many of their products I want to own them all.

    Emily xx
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG tell me about it i really want to try the new Concealers they brought out x

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I haven't tried that Daniel Sandler quad yet. I see it at work all the time and never swatch. :p Must try a Chanel cream blush in 2014 though, I do love my cream blushes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally need it haha im such an enabler but its a gorgeous palette he had 2 others and i like them but this palette is totally me

      Delete
  4. I need to try the Illamasqua Hydra Veil. Lovely post hunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous17:32

    Benefit oxygen wow is my go to base for a night out. I just love it's flawless coverage and staying power. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my favorites have changed so much this year it really is awesome it actually surprised me how good it was

      Delete
  6. I loved Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation! I don't think I've ever used a foundation that felt so light on my skin.

    xo
    Alice
    Alice in Nappyland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand you totally having dry skin i really need to watch but with this it feels amazing on

      Delete
  7. I really need to try OCC products. I plan to get some soon. Hopefully I don't forget next time I'm at Sephora lol

    Kayla
    sheerbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC is amazing you should try out the liptars and the cream concentrates you will love them x

      Delete
  8. I have the benefit foundation but I find that it doesn't last very long - might have to purchase the Daniel Sandler Retexturising Primer :) maybe that will help my make-up last longer


    http://thosestarsthatshine.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That primer sounds amazing, definitely going to have to try it out! Hope you had a lovely Christmas! :) xxx


    frecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely feeling tempted on the Benefit foundation front, sounds incredible!
    Happy New year! L xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice make up. Happy New Yearrr!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo I wish I could afford the dry texturising spray it sounds amazing. I am on a new year spending ban hehe. Becki xox
    Www.lifelooksperfect.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!