Makeup Artist Tip: Colour Correcting


Hey Beauties!

I thought I would do a post on Colour Correcting today because a lot of my readers/followers have been asking how to get flawless skin and to me as a makeup artist I think Colour Correcting is a big thing for some people because it can entirely change your face.
Colour Correcting comes from the idea of canceling/neutralising colours by using colours that are opposite each other on the colour wheel.

If you had a lot of darkness under your eyes or if you had blue veins that show up on your skin you would use an orange because Orange is opposite Blue so they cancel each other out. Its the same with Redness if you have overly red skin you want to calm down then you would use a Green corrector as Green is opposite Red and will cancel each other out.
When correcting the idea is to cancel each other out, not to replace the Red with Green or Orange with Blue this can be the hard part. What i usually do is put down layers of the orange/green to neutralise the blue/red then leave it to "cook" and come back to it then apply a concealer over the top of it in a patting motion because if you swipe the concealer on it will mix with the corrector beneath and then powder it and you're set to go!

Products I usually use for this are:

1. Corrector on its own
2. Covered with Studio Finish Concealer and Powdered with Prep+Prime Loose
Powder
MAC Pure Orange Studio Finish Skin Corrector- I love this because it's so pigmented so it can work on any type of skin for really pale to really dark. I also love this for Drag as men tend to have really dark stubble on the cheeks and chin and this just takes the dark tones away from it and leaves with a gorgeous finish
I used this product on Model, Macoula Dembele and it looked amazing

If you can't find the Pure Orange corrector then Morange Lipstick by MAC or Flare by Illamasqua works just as well


For redness i will often use the Ten Image Green Corrector in CMP-110 which is really creamy so it doesn't cake up and slide everywhere its the perfect texture.
1. Ten Image Corrector in CMP-110
2. 
 Covered with Studio Finish Concealer and Powdered with Prep+Prime Loose
Powder
I think personally that colour correcting is a really great thing that can make your face look better if you know what you are doing
When applying this correctors I will use a MAC 195 and a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush to set the corrector/concealer with Powder. Instead of sweaping the concealer on top of the corrector i find patting the concealer on works so much better as the colours dont blend then dabbing the powder into the concealer so you do not distrub your work



Have you tried Colour Correcting before?
What do you think of this post?
Leave a comment!


I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

15 comments:

  1. I use a Ben Nye salmon concealer/corrector for under eyes and veins :) It's the same texture as LM Secret Camouflage so needs mixing with a bit of primer or moisturiser for the eye area.


    Stila One Step correct is awful for anything but redness because the green takes over. It does have its uses as a fab primer for ruddy people and those with rosaeca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah totally! ive tried one step wasnt to keen on it though to be honest
    and this might be bad but i actually dont like LM secret Camouflage i feel like its to thick and cakey :P


    Thanks for commenting! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to get patches of redness. This post is a great explanation of how to try colour correction. I bought concealer you recommended to me before and it was perfect. I am not usually very confident with make up, but I love the way you explain things. I am going to buy some of the green and give this a try. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. chantel23:55

    Awesome post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BohoVanity00:14

    Those are some amazing tips! I can't believe how the red corrector looks under foundation, it's invisible, so crazy! I sometimes use a green tinted primer from L'Oreal under my makeup if my skin is a bit red, I find it does help the overall tone of my skin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah it is such a great thing to be able to do it can change your entire skin as you said


    Thanks for commenting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youre welcome anytime! xx


    Thanks for commenting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. After all its only makeup and it washes off easily enough, experiment have fun because at the end of the day thats the only way you're going to find out what works best for you xx


    Thanks for commenting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is really great to have this explained. I would love to get my hands on some correctors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Youre welcome anytime!


    Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan Mitchelle Panuela05:05

    Great review! :) Lovin how pigmented the color is :)

    Btw,Mind to follow each other? :) Will surely follow back ;)

    God Bless and have a great day! :)

    thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jan Mitchelle Panuela05:06

    Ohh btw, i love the lip color!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renuka17:28

    http://www.mybeautyshops.info/

    ReplyDelete
  14. jonebobe18:23

    Thanks for your suggestion well written article with lot of helpful information.
    visit:makeup artist

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nuala Maria17:04

    Fab post lovely and very useful! I've been taught how to use MAC Fabulush Cream Colour base to correct under eye bags. Really works if you mix it in eith your concealer xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!