DIY Face Masks You Need to Try

DIY Face Masks You Need to Try



Hey Beauties!


Today i thought i would share with you some of my favourite DIY face masks that ive ever used in the past or were recommended to me to try.

I think we all sort of want to try out our own little concoctions from time to time to see what works because there is no lying that face masks can be pricey and if you can create one in your kitchen then fantastic!

Avocado and Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin



Avocado and Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin


I love this mask because i have really dry skin and using this helps with the dry patches on my face. Avocados and provide a great amount of moisture. Both the honey and the avocado are humectants which means they attract and retain moisture.

Mash up half of the avocado in a bowl until it’s smooth then mix in the honey until it forms a paste. Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for about 10-15 minutes.

  • 1/2 ripe avocado

  • 1 teaspoon of honey


Face Mask for Oily Skin



Face Mask for Oily Skin


This mask is great for those of you with oily skin because the honey will moisturise the skin but won't cause an excess in oil, also being antibacterial honey helps to get rid of the nasty bacteria on your skin. Oatmeal has calming ingredients that will work to relieve irritated and itchy skin.

Combine your oatmeal, honey and lemon juice in a bowl, mix until everything has combined. Apply to your face for about 10 minutes taking care to not go near the eyes (This can get a bit messy so try to do it in the bathroom) After 10 minutes have passed wash off with warm water.

  • 3 tablespoons of Honey

  • 2 tablespoons of Oatmeal

  • 1 squeezed Lemon


Pore Refining Mask

Pore Refining Mask


The egg whites in this mask work to tighten your pores. Whisk your egg whites with with orange juice and the turmeric powder which is used for its brightening properties, which in turn will help even out your skin tone. Leave the mask on for about 15 minutes then wash off.

  • 1 egg whites

  • 1 teaspoon of orange juice

  • 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder


Mask for Acne Prone Skin


Mask for Acne Prone Skin


For this mask you will need to find some bentonite clay which can usually be found on amazon. This clay is the same thing that is found in the Clarisonic Deep Pore Mask which is a bit expensive so you can just make your own

The mask will draw impurities and toxins out of skin, heal and regenerate skin tissue, unclog and reduce the look of pores, exfoliate, prevent blackheads, treat acne, even out skin tone and leave skin feeling soft and glowing

Mix the bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar together until well blended make sure not to use anything metal as it reacts with the clay so use something like a wooden spoon. Apply the mixture to your face using a brush, avoiding eye area and allow to dry for 10-20 minutes. If you have sensitive skin leave it on for a shorter time around 5-10 minutes

  • 2 tablespoons bentonite clay

  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar



What are your favourite masks?



Have you ever tried DIY before?



Leave a Comment!


I’m happy to answer any and all questions.
Tweet me: @BeautyandTheBoy Instagram: @Beautyandtheboy

If you love my blog don’t forget to follow on Bloglovin
Thanks for Reading

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

8 comments:

  1. Catarina Neves00:17

    I will try at least two of them!
    http://silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gossip Darling04:38

    I love DIY beauty posts!! I need to try the masks for dry skin and acne prone!!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla05:13

    Great DIY post! :)

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only tried making a DIY face mask a couple of times and it worked out well but I do prefer my Caudalie mask! x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love DIY mask! Great post definitely going to try these out


    Alethea
    www.thepowerofthepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did that oatmeal one, god it was chunky on my face and fell off all the time :P
    The avocado was better but I kept eating it..

    www.mirror-reality.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried making my own facemask before but I've been suffering with really dry skin lately so will be giving the avocado and honey one a go! Thanks for sharing x

    www.alwaysalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny23:07

    I try to make my own facemasks all the time but they never work. The quick fix masks I was talking about on my blog the other day are probably the best ones I have ever had for the price, but still my skin sucks so what would I know!

    Jenny | jacandthebox.com X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!