NYX Cosmetics Arrives in Glasgow!

NYX Cosmetics Arrives in Glasgow

Hey Beauties!


I have some really exciting news for everyone who lives in Scotland. For years now ive wanted to try out everything that NYX had to offer, but there was no way of getting a hold of the brand because for the longest time it was exclusive to the US but recently NYX have launched 2 counters that I know of in Glasgow Boots stores one in the St Enoch Centre and one in Buchanan Galleries. I thought to myself, I can finally try the brand I can honestly say I am not disappointed.



I'm literally in heaven! Finally an actual @nyxukcosmetics counter in @stenochcentre #bbloggers #nyxuk #nyx


A photo posted by Andrew James (@beautyandtheboy) on




It was around 4/5 days ago that I had found out that a NYX counter was actually in Boots, of course I had heard rumours before Christmas that NYX was coming to the UK, but I didn't know that it would be in Boots until last month and since then i've just kept checking back to see if it was there yet!

NYX Cosmetics Arrives in Glasgow


As you can see I did end up buying a few things, me and one of my friends Laura actually spent the better part of a half hour at the NYX counter on Wednesday just trying everything out, I swear I could have bought the whole counter but I tried to narrow it down to what I liked best.

First the Liquid Suede Cream which have been a big thing, ive seen a lot of people using and raving about them so I obviously had to try them. I got the colours Tea and Cookies which is a pinky nude and Soft Spoken is light nude think of Whirl from MAC its rather Kylie Jenner-esque, which I love because a lot of people these days want this type of lip. On first impressions I really like these as they set down to a matte finish so when you're wearing them, they don't move about your lips and end up everywhere. Matte lips are really in right now and I haven't really seen a good matte liquid lipstick that isnt high end seeing as these are only £6.50 each they are affordable for what they are

One thing I don't know if I like or hate is the Soft Matte Lip Creams (£5.50) I got the colour Stockholm and yes the colour is gorgeous but I'm not too sure about the product itself. It is matte but it doesn't really set it just stays really thick and liquidy so it ends up smudging a lot which I don't really like. They remind me a lot of the Collection Cream Puff which again, I wasn't that fond of


Two of my post favourite things for the eyes have to be the Slide on Eyeliner and the Wonder Pencil because they both remind me of products that i absolutely love the first being the Urban Decay 24-7 Eyeliner in Perversion. Slide on Eyeliner applies almost exactly the same as Perversion, its smooth its pigmented and it stays which has to be the best part. The Wonder Pencil reminds me of MAC Chromagraphic Pencil nc15 nw20. If you know anything about MAC or makeup you'll know that without a Pro Card MAC Chromagraphic is almost impossible to get a hold of so when i came across the Wonder Pencil i just had to snap it up and get it


If you would like a more indepth review of these products leave a comment down below and i can do that for you!



Are you excited NYX is in Glasgow?
What is your favourite NYX product?
Leave a Comment!


I’m happy to answer any and all questions.
Tweet me: @BeautyandTheBoy Instagram: @Beautyandtheboy

If you love my blog don’t forget to follow on Bloglovin: Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading

 

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

31 comments:

  1. The Gossip Darling15:40

    OMG! NYX Liquid Suede is my all time favorite. It's becoming a staple in my makeup bag!!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. trona16:55

    love their products and so very happy that there's now counters nearby xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing the matte creams on Instagram so it's nice to finally find someone with something to say about them! NYX has been in my city for a while but I just get a bit overwhelmed, haha. I'll have to swerve the lip cremes and go for the sued instead. I'm really into matte finishes at the mo!

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Softly spoken - i love it! I have a few of the Suede Lipsticks and i love the formula. I'm not a massive of the lip creams. I think they're over hyped xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours of the Liquid Suede Lipcream - so gorgeous! Xx

    http://www.itsjessiejane.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE their Soft Matte Lipcreams. My absolute favourite lip product! Cruelty free too :)

    Claudia // Lipstick Theory // Student Cruelty Free Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got that finishing powder on the NYX list to hit next ;) I think I may have to add Tea & Cookies to the collection because I agree, it is the better formula. Try using Stockholm over a lipstick or liner, it should set better and last longer too xx

    Sal UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crushing on your blog. Would love to connect with you, check out my blog and giveaway worth £150!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram alionawithlove

    Twitter alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great picks! If you're finding the Soft Matte Lip Cream doesn't set well, try coating as thinly as possible and layering on. I always get such a long lasting lip out of those, though as with many Matte lips, it's not very forgiving of any dryness. From your review the suede cream does sound easier to work with, so I'm tempted to pick up a couple! Having them available to swatch will make the choice so much easier!
    Where are the two counters on Glasgow btw?

    Roisin x
    Roisinfarmer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg we have one in Boots Manchester too and it's so bad for my bank balance - I go in for cotton wool and leave with 5 NYX lip products... I've heard such good things about the Liquid Suedes - will have to try these shades :) xx

    a Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so jealous I'd love to get a proper look at their collection! I adore their HD finishing powder but something happened to lid and now I can't get it open which is a bit gutting.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love NYX! I have been eyeing up the soft cream lipglosses but I think I'll hold off until I can check one out in real life. Otherwise I'm loving the pieces you picked.

    Amy - fourcatsplusus.co.uk | Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chantelle16:12

    I saw the counter in st enochs the other day when I was popping in to boots for a sandwich! I literally had zero time to look, I could've cried lol! Need to go back!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah its a good idea to check them out in real life i thought i would like them but im not keen on them

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg thats so sad haha! i hate when that happens its such a beautiful counter you really do need to go back and get some goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a bit annoying i hate when products do that! i would that more counters will be coming soon but i think Glasgow is really the only place ive heard of with an actual counter x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah you would try the Lip Suedes out they are a lot more forgiving there are 2 counters one in Buchanan Galleries and one in the St Enoch Centre x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah there lip products seem to be one of the best things about the brand to be honest i like the other stuff but the lip products are top notch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats amazing i didnt know about the cruelty free

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a better formula i dont like that the soft matte lip creams just stay creamy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tea and Cookies is literally my favourite colour out of the ones i got theyre gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah im totally with you i feel like they are a bit over hyped as well i was like ...meh

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ive found that as well if i need a nude lip im reaching for the Lip suedes more and more

    ReplyDelete
  24. Its so good isnt it! i always hated ordering online x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally go for the suede ones instead because i just wasnt impressed by the matte lip creams they reminded me a product i didnt like so maybe thats why

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dying to try the Liquid Suede Creams!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Did it remind you of those awful Cream Puff balms by any chance? I hated those. That's what I'm imagining anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Chelsee19:56

    I love NYX products. Their gel liner pencil is amazing! Overall I like tons of their products and love that this is a drugstore brand. Thanks for linking this post up for Best of the Blogosphere Linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thats exactly what they reminded me of they even feel and smell the same x

    ReplyDelete
  30. We have NYX in Selfridges London now and I swear I have now been 3 times to get more stuff ha ha! I am doing another haul post next week of the new bits I picked up - loving it xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Chloe Lauren02:11

    I've been binging on your blog posts for the last 20 minutes so thought I'd leave a comment! Loved this post! I've only tried a few products but now we have a counter in my local boots I'm going to try more, I prefer being able to see the product for myself first! Great choices 💗

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!