"How to"- Correct Undereye Circles


Hey Beauties!
Today i thought I would talk about what I do if someone has dark pigmentation under the eyes.
There are usually 4 products I got to no matter what when dealing with undereye darkness-

  • Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer
  • MAC Studio Finish Skin Corrector
  • Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector 
  • Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer

I love these products on the basis that they all work really well and I will use them depending on the person.
When dealing with darkness under the eyes its best to refer back to Colour Theory. Undereye darkness is often blue toned so putting a peach/orange tone under the eyes will cancel out any blue but the idea with correcting is not to try to cover the Blue with Orange as it will give you orange skin the idea is to counteract the colours then conceal on top if need be with a normal concealer

£4.99 from Boots
For someone who needs just a little bit of everyday undereye concealing I will usually use this or the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer because both have great tones that work well in covering up the darkness under the eyes.
The Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer has great properties which cause the light to bounce away from the eyes bascially defusing the light and hiding the darkness, it works really well once powdered I feel

£10 from Boots
The Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer has become one of my most favourite concealers for undereyes as you can see above it has the perfect peachy/skin tone shade which is great for covering darkness without looking cakey which I think is amazing, this has brightening properties so it brighten as it covers.

£18 from Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
I will usually use Peach Corrector if someone has quite dark undereye circles but nothing major. I like this formula because its soft and creamy and blends like a dream when using this i tend to put a layer of this down let it "cook" then put a layer of normal concealer over the top and powder so it looks best and not "orangey"

£14.50 from MAC Cosmetics
For those who have quite bad undereye darkness or those who have really deep skin tones i feel this is perfect for covering anything that is dark on the skin because its the basic opposite of blue. A little goes a long way with this product as you can see it is bright orange so you do have to be careful. When using this i often put a layer of this down blend it out then layer it again and let it "cook" and then apply a layer of normal concealer on top in a patting motion then set with a powder and it doesnt look orange at all

You will be able to see from this image below even thought the model didn't have major darkness i just wanted to try out this new product I got for my kit.

Model- Ashley Brown
Photographer- Tom Farmer
As  you can see above the undereye area doesnt look orange at all it just looks brightened and corrected.

Do you have a problem with undereye darkness?
What do you think of Correcting?
Leave a Comment!




I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. the orange tip is amazing for those with really dark under eyes tbh

    ive heard some really good things about Lasting perfecting as well xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!