Laura Mercier Starlet Mosaic Shimmer Bloc


Im in love with this little Shimmer Bloc. Its 4 different colours all extremely shimmery which i love but the thing that impressed me the most was the pigmentation i know that usually baked products arnt that pigmented but this is just wow. These can be used as one and just swirl your brush into it, it will give you a gorgeous Golden Peach Glow but you can also use them individually

Ive used this for a while now maybe a month or 2 for shoots and such and ive found it works really well for the eyes and it really works well for cheeks too if your looking to do a little bit of shimmery highlighting. Usually i will use this on the tops of the cheeks i find the bottom colour works really well its an almost silvery/white colour its perfect in my opinon. For the other colours i would usually use them on eyes because they are so pigmented and lovely the give the eyes this gorgeous gorgeous sheen, what also makes me love this "Bloc" is the fact that it is baked so i can use it wet and then apply to the eyes for a seriously intense colour
as you can see below the colours are really nice and natrual but still quite pigmented and there for people to see


1 is a Shimmery Bronze ((reminds me of Woodwinked from MAC))
2 is a Shimmery Rose Gold
3 is a Shimmery Peachy Gold- ((I would say it was peachy than gold))
4 is a Shimmery White/Silver/Champagne



This is obviously a swatch to show the colours so it will be quite heavy but with a brush these give such an even finish and the texture is to die for 

Ive used it one these shoots below:
Model- Megan Cowan

Models- Camille Perrin and Shannen Allison

Model- Lucy Palmer

As you can see they give a great look to the skin which is just wow! You can get these Shimmer Bloc's from Laura Mercier Online in the US and on counter in the UK for £31, They are on sale just now for £27.90 online at House of Fraser

What do you think of these Shimmer Bloc's?
What do you think of Shimmer?
Leave a comment!



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. I may go over to House of Fraser tomorrow to look at the Laura Mercier stuff :) The Shimmer Block looks fantastic.


    What do you use to apply the colours with? I'm thinking a fan brush would be ideal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea :P hehe


    when im using it all on the face i will use a fan brush a small one like the one from elf but when im using it on the eyes i use a small fluffy brush with a base underneith :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!