Save or Splurge- Chanel PINCEAU EYELINER N°13 and Darler- Rowney

Hey Beauties!!

I love doing these kinds of posts because I love finding new comparisons and I love helping you guys!

I found this awesome comparison to the Chanel Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush (PINCEAU EYELINER N°13) and its actually a paint brush but before you go...."Paint brush? are you joking?" No, seriously. This brush is just as soft as the Chanel liner brush and I think that they are both quite comparable as you can see below the Chanel Liner brush is thicker and gets thinner where as the Daler-Rowney is one length all the way along.

Save or Splurge- Chanel PINCEAU EYELINER N°13 and Darler- Rowney

I think they are pretty comparable because they both apply Gel Eyeliner just as you would expect, take a look at he swatch below:
((Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner was Used))
As you can see the liners are practically the same, which I think says that brush don't need to be expensive to be good.
I would say in terms of feeling, they feel the same the paintbrush feels just as soft as the Chanel brush and if i am honest i tend to reach for the Daler-Rowney brush more than i do the Chanel Brush because i feel it gives a smoother better line.

Price Comparison
The Daler-Rowney Brush was £2.75 ($4.21 USD) and the Chanel Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush was £18 ($30 USD) so that's a difference of £15.75 ($24 USD)  which is massive. I had seen Alex Box with the Daler-Rowney Brush from the Theatre of the Nameless Behind the Scenes and it looked great. If you are looking for a brush but cant afford £18 on a Chanel Brush and to be honest you don't *need* it so the Daler-Rowney is good enough for me.
I got my Chanel Ultra Fine Liner Brush from John Lewis in Glasgow but it is available at Boots, Chanel Counter and the Daler-Rowney Brush is available from HobbyCraft

What do you think of this find?
Would you use the Daler-Rowney or the Chanel Brush?
Leave a Comment!


Im happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions not about the post, find me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBATB

If you love my blog, Dont forget to follow me by CLICKING HERE!

Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

6 comments:

  1. Kerri Heaney18:55

    Great comparison, i have never seen the need to pay huge amounts on money on all my make up brushes, i have a few key ones and then i experiment with new ones, that's half the fun. For $18 you are paying so much more for the designer brand. I'm not against high end make up at all, my foundation i use every day in Channel but that is way overpriced for a brush imo xxx
    http://secretbeautyhoarder.blogspot.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really nice one posting, the way of describing the eyeliner is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting!  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the Bobbi Brown gel liner is awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah i agree, i would not buy another one of these hehe xx

    Thanks for commenting!  x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!