Reflection on 2013


Hey Beauties!

This year for me has been a year of growth, Ive become more confident in myself and what i do where as in 2012 i was still so unsure of myself.
I like to think that 2013 was one of the best years ive had so far simply because of all the stuff i managed to do in 2013 for one i went to London myself for the first time and for someone with Aspergers thats a big thing but i wasnt alone in London i had the company of the amazing Jayne who kindly let me stay at hers for the weekend of the IMATS we both went together and had a great time throughout the weekend i felt amazing i finally got a taste of what it felt like to be "normal" and it was amazing and to think during that weekend i met my idols, Alex Box and David Horne something i thought would never happen. That was also the weekend i got to meet some of the bloggers i talked to for so long we sat down and had lunch and went shopping it was amazing. 

Although IMATS was a big part of the year for me giving that i was away from home in London it wasnt the only big thing that happened. To my surprise i was actually nominated for a Cosmopolitan Magazine Blog Award for Best Established Beauty Blog and i thought nothing would come of it until i was told i was shortlisted out of 430000 entries i was shortlisted with some insanely popular blogs its safe to say i was quite shocked at how it had happened, once again i went to London again by myself but this time stayed with another friend who kindly lent me a sofa to sleep on while i was there haha! the event itself was amazing i still couldnt believe i was there, i didnt win but the experience itself was absolutely amazing. The fact i had gotten that far just made me even more determined to keep blogging and win next year haha

While back home a lot had happened, this year be it events linked to beauty blogging anyone who knows me knows i love a Benefit event haha they do the best events in Scotland, if only from the big brands.

In my personal life things aside from beauty blogging where pretty cool too, i got to meet Manila Luzon (Karl and hang around with him for the day and go shopping hes someone i really admire just because hes beautiful in drag but hes a bit weird which is totally me haha also this brought new friends people i would have never had met if it wasnt for Manila Luzon and im really appreciateive  that happened

The last thing about this year i wanted to say was about Blogging i know everyone has been talking about this topic a lot lately and  i have to agree that to an extent blogging has changed a lot its more about "business" now rather than pleasure a lot of bloggers now are very professional and have magazine- esque blogs gone are the days of the homegrown bloggers who blog because its fun as youve seen with vloggers in 2013 that has exploded look at Tanya Burr for example i see the same happening to bloggers and i can see it already with people like Vivianna from VDM. I think in a sense its great because people and brands are starting to take us seriously and give us the credit that we deserve for the things we do.

2013 ended on a great note for me as i reached 1000 followers on Bloglovin which to me thats a massive achievement that im really proud of but also wondering a 1000 people like to know what i think about things? ...why/ i talk crap haha

Happy New Year Beauties!


What has your 2013 been like?
Whats been your favourite moment?
Leave a Comment!



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year lovely and I hope 2014 is as good or better than 2013 x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, and let's make 2014 even better! :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! Sounds like you had a great 2013 and I hope 2014 is even better for you x x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased you're feeling much more confident. Getting those trips into London are clearly very good for you and it's something you should really try and do as often as you can! Next time you do, let me know and we can grab a coffee. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!


    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!