The Body Shop Gift Set

Hey Beauties!!

On Thursday, i went into Glasgow before a Event at The Beauty Cellar with Gill from Makeupthenight. We stopped off at The Body Shop and I seen this awesome little Gift Set, £24 for 4 items that would usually cost £44 but since there was a sale on i got even more off and only spent £14 (shock) i know hah.

I got a Shading Brush similar to the MAC 239 which is awesome, a Shimmer Cube, Defining Eyeliner and a Super Volume Mascara (of which I have 2, I love it that much)


  • Shimmer Cube (£16) -These are awesome little Shadows, they are as the name says Shimmery verging on glitter. They arn't that pigmented when they are dry and need a primer but they transform into something quite amazing once you use them wet which surprised me so much. They do have a great presentation though, each cube has its one little box so you can take one shade or use the big box for all 4. 


Shadows used wet with
Illamasqua Sealing Gel




















The colours in this Cube are Orchid Purple, Candy Pink, Pearly White, Velvet Plum so this is basically a Purple Shadow Cube.
Rating- 7/10

  • Carbon Black Eye Definer (£9) - Not the best Eyeliner ever, as you can see from the swatch above it is intense black but i is quite hard to work with as its not as creamy as i would like it to be which is quite annoying but is alright for the lid if your used to eyelining. The Definer has a smudger on the bottom so you can smoke out your liner if you wanted too.




  • Super Volume Mascara (£10) - One of the best mascara's i have used. It separates the lashes and gives them amazing length which is great because i have long lashes and putting this one them makes it look like false lashes. Doesn't clump which I find is a great thing about this

  • Eyeshadow Brush (£9) - Dupe or similar to the MAC 239. This brush is a good brush for packing a colour onto the lid, i find it does make your shadow drop if you pick up too much i don't hate this brush but i do like using fluffier brushes for putting colour on the lid. This brush is stiff but not to stiff and very soft and not tested on animals and doesn't contain any animal hair.



I really love the Body Shop because of their attitude towards cosmetics and skin care, they don't test on animals, pay a fair wage to those in countries that work with the Body Shop as they provide opportunities for work for people in these places.


What do you think of The Body Shop Cosmetics?
I love the Community Trade idea!
Leave a comment!




I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow me by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

18 comments:

  1. Gillian C22:34

    I still love those shadows! grr Why did you have to introduce me to Body Shop makeup? :P Thanks for linking me! xx  Gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sooo gorgeous! :P and well i had to show you how amazing everything is
    all vegetarian and all humane makeup! 

    Your Welcome, Thanks for commenting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katt22:48

    i love your blog! your posts are always dead helpful :)
    ill definitely be going to the body shop aha, those eyeshadows are gorgeous!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are new, more christmassy colour! <3

    Thanks for commenting xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emzillaa23:03

    I may have to buy a couple of these as Christmas presents :'D <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are amazing, they have other sections and colours as well.
    there is different sets of different pieces of makeup

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to be blown away by a product by The Body Shop. Everything I see is kind of stuff you can find anywhere. That doesn't mean it's not good, but I just haven't felt compelled to buy anything...yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the moisture foundation<3 hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiffeny Irene Coles21:15

    Omg what a great deal! The shimmer cube is sooo pretty :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beckysmakeupandbeautyblogs21:18

    I love TBS, mainly as it does a shampoo that does not irritate me and their makeup and body butters are lush! I have that brush along with every single other one of their brushes which I have found to be such good quality for a mid of the range brand 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness it's so long since I bought make up from the Body Shop, I love their body butter though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah was an amazing delal, if you get a "Love Your Body card" you get discounts and every time you get a stamp you are closer to getting something like 30% off and a present on your birthday!

    on the website it says "Receive 10% OFF ALL your purchases NOW and for a year, PLUS - get up to £20 worth of FREE products and other membership privileges when you become a Love Your Body™ Member today."
    http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/catalog/product.aspx?ParentCatCode=C_Specials&CatCode=C_Specials_LYB&prdcode=53391m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah they are so soft and kind. i love them because of there ethics towards people and makeup

    ReplyDelete
  14. Body Butters are amazing! for smells i love the cherry and the strawberry but for actual moisturising i love Shea Butter, Best ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks really pretty! I have been wanting to pick one of these up, the colors are beautiful :)

    Xo, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah i love the colours they are so much better wet xD

    ReplyDelete
  17. i dont like any of their products in fact cause once i used their powder
    my face became full of acnes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thoroughly enjoyed the post. Eagerly anticipating what’s
    coming next.I would never have normally come here to read the blogs but I’m
    really glad I did.I will definitely be coming back
     

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!