GUEST POST: My Five Festival Favourites

My Five Festival Favourites


I am very excited to be guest posting here on Andrew’s fantastic blog, as well as getting to be a part of his new series of guest posts on a Saturday. I thought what else would be more fitting than my favourite beauty bits and pieces for festivals. As in the UK they are in full swing, with Glastonbury just been and T in the Park this weekend, which I must admit I wish I was there dancing away to Calvin Harris tonight.

However, if I was there I would make sure that these five beauty essentials are packed and taken with me. Between fun, quick and easy multi-use products and great little lifesavers for a weekend away in a (most probably) muddy field.

My Five Festival Favourites


A new product I’ve finally got around to trying, although its been a popular one for a while, is the Dr Paw Paw Original Balm. As it’s a multipurpose balm, its great to have with you to use for chapped lips, dry skin, cuticles and it can also be used through the hair as well. I’ve been using it on my lips and its lovely and hydrating, it goes from a slightly solid balm and quickly melts into a more liquid form with the heat from the skin. I also think it would be great fun to use to create a glossy lid on the eye, because why not try it at a festival! Although it comes in a couple of different shades, I think sticking with the original fragrance free tube is the best bet to get the most use from it.

In maybe the slightly rarer occurrence of a heat wave, or just a handy little thing to have in your bag. The La Roche Posay Eau Thermale Spring Water, is a great one to have to spritz and cool down. Or just to keep your skin hydrated through the day, the spray is formulated for even the most sensitive of skins and helps to comfort and soothe the skin.

Probably the teeniest little bottle of wonder product you could ever find is the Illamasqua Sealing Gel, this little pot of goodness houses a water resistant gel. Which can be mixed with a multitude of products, whether that’s pigments, pressed powders or even just used to go over the top of makeup products. You can transform so many products into different coloured liners and intensify glitters. As well as making sure your liner stays put with its long wearing formulation.

My Five Festival Favourites


A firm festival goer favourite is a bottle of dry shampoo; not only does it save having to get up ridiculously early in the morning to nab a spot in the showers. It can help to style an endless amount of gorgeous up do’s. I personally love the Colab Dry Shampoo, available in six different scents and now three different formulations. You can pick from the original Sheer + Invisible variation, Extreme Volume; which I must admit is my favourite, as it gives so much volume and body to the hair when styling. As well as the new Active bottle, with UV Protection. There is by far a bottle for everyone in there somewhere.

Finally my favourite festival pick for their sheer possibilities of endless creativity are the Illamasqua Sketch Sticks. These creamy crayons are available in seven different colour options, varying from the bright to the handy monochrome shades. You can use them on the face and body, due to their multipurpose nature. I’ve used them as eye shadows and liners, but you could use them for blush, on the lips, or just as fun crayons for the body and just let your creativity run wild. Plus, you can always set them with your Sealing Gel just to make sure they really do stay put throughout all that dancing…

I would love to know which products would make your top five for a festival weekend away, feel free to tweet me them at @MallowBeauty and let me know if we have any common favourites too! If you fancy seeing more of my rambles, I blog over at Mallow Beauty and also a big thank you to Andrew for letting me takeover his blog for the day!

Eloise x

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Katie04:21

    Congrats on the post Eloise! I've never been to a music festival but I think I would pack a lot of products like these, especially dry shampoo x

    http://www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!