Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection

Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection

Hey Beauties!
Its no secret that im in love with the Real Technique brushes along with a lot of other people, i just think they are really great quality brushes for a good price. I use them in my Makeup Artist kit and tend to reach for them more than other brushes so when i saw that the Duo-Fiber set had came out i had to have them!

The Duo-Fiber set comes with 3 brushes, a Powder brush, a Contour brush and a small eye brush. Duo Fibre brushes contain a mixture of synthetic and real hairs so they are good for use with powders as well as creams. This new set is quite awesome i have to admit but there are brushes like it in the original collections although the idea of the Duo-Fiber brushes is to give a light application.




Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection

As you can see the Duo Fiber Eye Brush is quite like the Base Shadow Brush or the Laura Mercier Finishing Brush which is more expensive than the whole set of Duo Brushes so thats a good deal, the Duo Fiber Contour brush is like the Contour Brush from the Core Collection the only difference is the contour brush from the core collection is a lot more dense and the Duo Fibre Powder Brush is a lot less dense than the Powder Brush from the Original collection so that means you will get a more airbrushed softer finish rather than a lot of product applied


I really like these brushes because they give you the chance to apply the makeup lightly. The other day at a shoot i used these brushes just to see how well they worked and i was really pleased as they blend powders really well i especially like using the contour brush to apply blush as it gives that natural look rather than it looking like someone was wearing blush, the eyebrush is great for blending creams and powders i think it works best with powders because i found the creams went a bit streaky when i tried to use it with creams but with powders it gives a really nice blend without much effort

Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection
Duo-Fiber Powder Brush

Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection
Duo-Fiber Contour Brush

Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection
Duo-Fiber Eye Brush

The Duo-Fiber Collection is available from Boots in the UK and are £23.99 and in the US you can find them at Ulta, Target and Walmart for $20. These brushes are part of a limited edition collection so you will only be able to get them for a while.


What do you think of Duo Fibre Brushes?
Do you use Real Techniques Brushes?
Leave a comment!


I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

21 comments:

  1. Sarah Nunn14:55

    Hmm I do love my Real Techniques brushes but as you say the limited edition ones seem pretty similar to the old ones.
    Normally I can't resist a limited edition but I think I'll stick to my old ones for now!
    xxx


    http://sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah if you dont need them then dont get them because they are pretty similar but i do like them tbh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am yet to hop on this bandwagon but they do look and sound amazing xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarirah16:34

    I've seen these in Boots a few times and although they look nice I only really want the contour brush from the set. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do wish they would sell individual brushes it would be so much better xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really should try them out its basically all I use when doing makeup xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. One Brush Beauty20:10

    Went and picked mine up today! Been eyeing them up for weeks :) Lovely post too xx
    onebrushbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. CSI Beauty Blog15:40

    keep wondering about these as I have most of the others but think I'll give them a miss and get the set with the multitask brush in. M xx
    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robyn23:09

    Love how you've compared them to other Real Techniques brushes, I own them too but will probably still purchase this set, i'm a sucker for RT brushes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know im a totally sucker for them as well haha i saw them and i was like....im skint but i need them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah just get whatever is good for you i mean you dont need these but its good to have some x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what do you think of them? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ChristineIversen11:36

    I received this set a while ago, but haven't played with them yet. They are so soft, excited to try them out :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really should they are actually so soft they apply powders amazingly x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaliyah Pauyo22:50

    I'm a new follower of your blog and I already love it! Your reviews are very helpful! I really need to try real techniques brushes soon because I always here great things about them.

    eyeshadoweyeliner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. One Brush Beauty23:20

    Love them! For lighter summer application they are fantastic, the powder brush is my fave :) but all of her brushes just blow me away x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hannah Hepton21:51

    I love Real Techniques brushes! Even though I already have the ones you said were similar, you can never have too many brushes right! My local Boots is rubbish for stocking these so I'll have to get these ordered online, can't wait to try them :)
    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah you can never have too many good brushes! i really love the contour brush im in love with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for commenting and following! you should totally try them out x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nickis Nick Nackery22:02

    I have been waiting to see a review on these for a while but they didn't pop up on any of my usual blog reads. I had convinced myself I didn't need these but you may have swayed me! Bring on pay day! Thanks for the review!


    Nicki x
    www.nickisnicknackery.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha woo payday! yeah i totally think you should give them a try because i think they are better than some of the duo fibre brushes out there x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!