Best of the BAFTA's 2013 Hair and Makeup

Hey Beauties!

I absolutely love awards ceremonies not for the actual awards hah but to see the makeup and the hair that is always amazing! i think its a really great basis for looks during the year.
My favourite looks for ceremonies always come from either Sarah Jessica Parker or Anne Hathaway  although i did prefer the longer hair on her.

This years BAFTA's was full of gorgeous smokey eyes and quite a lot of strong lips in particularly a classic red lip but some chose to opt for a more pink lip.


I absolutely loved the makeup that Lauren Whitmore wore it was really soft lips but quite sculpted in the face and defined eyes but overall quite dewy in places which is always a great thing!
You can get this look by using something like Illamasqua Skin Base for the Foundation, Tom Ford Cream for Eyes in Spice and Illamasqua Gel Liner for the eyes and No.7 lip pencil in Melon for the lips with a bit of Katie Blush from Illamasqua on the Cheeks

To be honest Sarah Jessica Parker kind of disappointed me she just looked really plain jane she had poker straight hair and her makeup wasnt much better either i think it actually accentuated the fact shes getting older the amount of black used on her eyes just made them look tiny and it just made her face look really old.

sarah jessica parker at 2013 baftas -cosmopolitan uk


I loved the makeup of Jessica Chastain she looked really glamourous like old hollywood, she had the Veronica Lake wave going on which i think is totally timeless and really minimal makeup and to top it all off the best part the red lipstick i would recommend MAC Ruby Woo as the lipstick and maybe a little clear gloss 

 


Anne Hathaway wore a gorgeous yet simple black liner with a flick and neutral eyes but she opted for a soft velvety pink lip like MAC Pink Nouveau  you could say it was a modern take on the classic red carpet look



What were your favourite looks this year?
What would you wear to the BAFTA's?
Leave a comment!



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah i totally agree she looks amazing but yeah SJP kind of let herself down usually she looks amazing and so done up but for the BAFTA's it was a bit bleh xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SJP looks as though she has make-up caked on... Lauren Whitmore's eye make-up I love xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe Newlove21:37

    SJP looks shocking on that photograph! I love Anne Hathaways hair! I actually loved it when she bleached it for the Met Gala. Did you see that? I thought Jennifer Lawrence looked lovely, as did Gemma Atherton. Great post lovely. I also enjoy having a nosey at the red carpet looks! I hope some day I get to do red carpet make up! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont even know what happend to her because she usually looks amazing! i saw some of the Met Gala but not everything :/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder who did SJP's makeup? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace Powell09:27

    I love Anne Hathaway every time I see I want to chop off all my hair! and I can't believe how bad SJP looks! I am shocked and slightly upset because she's so pretty!


    www.beautywithoutgracex.blogspot.co.uk


    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!