Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer vs Benefit Porefessional


Hey Beauties!
I thought I would do a little post on this because I often see people talking about the Porefessional. I bought the Porefessional ages ago and i dont think ive used it that much maybe on a few shoots. It didn't really appeal to me i didn't see much difference when i applied to peoples skin it honestly for me didn't seem like it was doing anything.

I recently bought the Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer before Christmas, in November i think and to be honest i have used this one every single shoot ive done. It out performs the Porefessional on every level.

They both have similar ingredients but i feel the differences that are there make a bit change to the product, Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer fills in lines and minimizes pores it helps to even out the skin so you get a nice base to work on so when applying foundation its a dream what i love about it is, that its an all in one its minimizes everything but its also a primer as it says so it helps to keep the foundation on longer where as i find with the Porefessional it is supposed to shrink pores but i dont really notice any big difference when using it on clients or on myself

LEFT: Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer
RIGHT: Benefit Porefessional






As you can see from above the Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer lists everything it does and lists the ingredients which i really like because i like to know what in what im putting on clients.
Both of these are silicone based which i love in primes because it fills things in and gives a silky smooth texture to work on they are best kind of primers in my opinion

I find that with the Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer under foundation the wear time is longer usually under studio lights things dont last long but with this it lasts longer than normally usually you dont use SPF products with flash photography but i find this photographs well so you dont have to worry about a white cast or the SPF washing you out

Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer contains 28ml of product for £20.50 and the Benefit Porefessional contains 22ml for £23.50 so you are getting more for your money with the Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer but if you like the Porefessional keep using it, i am just trying to show different products out there that people can use you by my means need to use it

You can purchase the Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer from DanielSandler.com and the Benefit Porefessional from benefitcosmetics.co.uk

What do you think of these?
Have you used either?
Leave a comment!




I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow me by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

15 comments:

  1. Im not crazy about Porefessional, its a bit MEH!! But im loving the sound of the DS primer, great review as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe and your totally right .....its MEH haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise Hoad18:19

    I agree with what you said about the porefessional, I didn't notice any difference when using it. Haven't really found a primer that I like so I might give the re texturising primer a go, especially since its better value fir money ( gotta love a bargain!!)
    Great review and thank you fir sharing ;)
    Loulovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. chantel19:02

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah totally try it out its a great product!


    Thanks for commenting x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela Scooler19:11

    I'm not crazy about professional either. But I love Benefit's blushes.

    I'm following via Monday beauty blog hop

    http://www.soulystones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lylakendall19:26

    I haven't tried anything from DS and im looking for a new primer as I haven't found 'the one' I think I'll give it a go! Im not really a big fan of benefit tbh I love the packaging and ive spent hundreds on their products but the only products I like are hoola and I like coralista layered over cha cha tint. Ive wasted a lot of money collecting their boxed powders and the majority don't even show up on my skin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great comparison post Andii. I used the Daniel Sandler bronzer for first time today and loved it so I'd definitely like to try his primer too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. His makeup is amazing i think its beyond a lot of the stuff thats on the market right now xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree a lot of the boxed powders are farrr to sheer for anyone to be honest xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for following! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't tried any of these but definitely want to try the Benefit one! Great blog btw, following you via the Monday Blog Hop :)

    glossedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for following! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finally someone who doesn't like Proefessional. I thought I was the only one! Lovely review :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!