Winter Makeup Trends 2012

Hey Beauties!

So I thought i would do a post on Makeup Trends as its getting closer and closer to being winter if it isnt already....i dunno haha.

Red Lips- They are massive this season seen in the shows of Lavin, Gucci, Donna Karan, Marc by Marc Jacobs. They were seen in all different shades like Orange reds all the way to deep wine reds


 

Liner Flicks-  Ive seen a lot in the way of extending liner this season and i think it is a great way to elongate eyes or even just to draw some attention to the eyes such a classic almost 50's look. When doing liner i love using a gel liner for that sharp angular line but just for abit of definition to the lashes a Kohl Pencil works fine.

   

Fresh Skin- I love this one because its skin that looks fresh but with a bit of coverage almost a no makeup makeup but usually paired with a nude eye and red lip which is different but goes well together. Usually with Fresh skin i like to use Skin Base by Illamasqua as it gives quite a gorgeous fresh natural finish

   

Contouring-  I love that this is a big thing this season because im so obsessed because I think contouring can make the face look amazing and dimentional, usually when contouring a grey/block brown is best for contouring as it creates the idea of a shadow rather than using something like a bronzer which is red based and will make the sculpting look fake.

 



Big Brows- I think big brows can look great on some people but sometimes it can look a bit caterpillar i think the best way to make your brows bigger is to just let them grow but get them shaped and tided up
i have been doing that lately and i think it looks great because as we say your brows frame your face and can make such a difference to a look

   


Model-  Debay De Lux
Photographer- Lauren Stirling
Some of these trends were used in Nightwalk AW2012 that took place this week!
Red Lips/Liner Flicks and Strong Cheeks

What do you think of this seasons trends??
Do you have a favourite?
Leave a comment!





I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

6 comments:

  1. Red lips and fresh skin, definitely. I do like the black liquid liner, too, maybe not so thick, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah totally it doesnt need to be that thick but i do like a little bit of a flick :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. chantel alford00:35

    I love red lips!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red lips are such an amazing thing tbh! <3 im obsessed haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. NykkeyB19:59

    aren't red lips the trend every winter lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!