Benefit Fakeup Dupe? - Makeup Revolution The One Concealer


Hey Beauties!

Lately everyone has been going crazy over this relatively new brand "Makeup Revolution" and i can see why. They offer affordable products and are really great quality i've tried a few things so far and have been really impressed.

The Makeup Revolution The One Concealer has a concealer core with a hydrating ring just like the Benefit Fakeup but its a little smaller than Fakeup. I find that the One Concealer is a bit more hydrating because the ring is bigger so its perfect for those of you with dry skin whereas fakeup contains a larger concealer core and less of a hydrating ring.




Both are perfect for use under the eyes although i find it takes more to build up the coverage with The One Concealer. The overall finish is better with the One Concealer it doesn't drag up dry patches and i just feel like it illuminates the under eye area better giving that fresh slept well look.
In terms of shades The One Concealer wins because the lightest shade is actually light rather than a medium toned orangey colour that the Lightest of Fakeup is, i find a lot of people with pale skin tend to be quite pink undertoned so The One Foundation is perfect for that.

Left- Benefit Fakeup Light
Right- Makeup Revolution The One Concealer Light
I think overall i would choose The One Concealer simply because it works better with my dry skin, the quality is fantastic and the fact that it is only £3 containing 3.2g of product whereas Fakeup is £18 and contains a little more product at 3.5g. I think we can say this is definitely a dupe maybe not a carbon copy but definitely a dupe
You can purchase The One Concealer from makeuprevolutionstore.com

What do you pick?
The One Concealer or Fakeup?
Leave a Comment!


I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!


Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

15 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to have to try this. I am really pale and find that the light shade Benefit Fakeup is far too dark for me.

    Roo xx
    meplusmymakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what i thought too the fakeup is far to dark to be a light shade and its pretty orange too they could do with some lighter shades

      Delete
  2. Oooh I have The One somewhere, I haven't even opened it yet - I'm going to search it out after reading this, it sounds fab! Thanks for the comparison :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how light the one shade is! I've been looking for a lighter concealer and I've been struggling this one looks perfect :) x

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty & Lifestlye Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its great i think its annoying when something says its light but its not actually light!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous21:03

    I love Fakeup but will definitely consider the Makeup Revolution alternative when I come to repurchase. I'd spied it on their website a couple of weeks ago when I was ordering some palettes and thought it looked like the perfect dupe :)

    http://lovesandloathes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will definitely have to check out the Make Up Revolution one as I've ummed and ahhed over Fake Up for a while now. Fab review honey xx

    Anniewritesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its one of those underrated brands, thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Such a good spot, well done you. Looking at your swatches, I prefer the Make-up Revolution one x
    lots of love Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! i was just looking at it and i was like.....wait this is like Fakeup haha

      Delete
  7. Wow just came across your blog and I must say I love it :) the design if amazing and It's a great read :)


    I have just uploaded a new post would mean a lot if you was to comment me what you think http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    keep up the fanatic work :)


    keep in touch

    jade

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post!! Ive only heard good things about Make Up Revolution so i might have to sample a few of their products including this.

    animpatientscottishgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds nice! The color selection for the Fake Up is so bad x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not really surprising that this is a dupe for Fake up as it's obviously been designed to be similar hasn't it! I do have Fake up but luckily I didn't actually pay for (I won it) as it's the medium shade which is far too dark for me so I don't actually know if I like it or not as I haven't tried it x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a mix of both of those shades would suit me. I haven't tried any of this brand yet, though it seems I am going to have to! Amy
    amynmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!