Lush Emotional Brilliance Powder Review

Lush Emotional Brilliance Powder Review

Hey Beauties!

Lush is one of those brands where you can go in and find something new every time you walk in. I was recently in the store and was looking around remembered i needed to buy a new powder for setting makeup and shine and remembered this fantastic little product i had used a while back.

Lush Emotional Brilliance Powder is a pink based translucent powder that can be used on any skin tone or Skin type.
I think this is a really cool product because it seems like its just your run of the mill product but when you look closer you will see the amount of thought that must have been put into this. The pink tone is used to brighten up the skin also the powder has light reflectant properties thanks to the Mica and Iron Oxide in it, i would be a little careful around flash photography because it might flashback and give you a white cast. It also contains jojoba oil to nourish the skin and protect it from the elements but another thing which is really smart is the jojoba oil is used so you dont have to sacrifice moisture when powdering you'll be pleased to know that as someone with dry skin this didn't pick up my dry patches and it didn't cause microexfoliation.


Lush Emotional Brilliance Powder

I would have never suspected this product to be as great as it is but i think the Lush makeup range is really underestimated by some people and i have talked to people didnt even know that Lush does makeup.
For me this has become one of my favourite powders, it mattifies but it doesn't make your face look flat and not real not to mention its really good at controlling oil. I would say that this is best for use when you're in the house or at your job because its not that great for carrying about on the go, i would love to see a pressed version of this for those of us on the go i think that would be pretty popular 

Lush Emotional Brilliance Powder

The thing that did surprise me was the fact its so finely milled once its applied it almost melts into the skin ive had powders before that sit on the skin and you can clearly see its powder whereas with the Emotional Brilliance Powder it just looks invisible but matte, You dont have to worry about the pink undertone either because once this is applied its clear it has no colour to it whatsoever so its perfect for any skin tone and type

Lush Emotional Brilliance Powder Swatch

This powder is a bit more expensive than others might be at £12 for 8g but for the things it does and the quality of the product its not that much of a difference its still much cheaper than most high end powders. You can find the Lush Emotional Brilliance Powder at Lush Stores or online at Lush.co.uk


What do you think of the Lush makeup range?
Have you tried the range before?
Leave a Comment!


I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions send me a tweet 
@BeautyandTheBoy and follow me on Instagram @BeautyandTheBoy


If you love my blog don't forget to follow on Bloglovin: Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!


Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

22 comments:

  1. sounds good! I love Lush products :)


    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lush products and go in their every week, but I have never tried their cosmetics range yet but this looks beautiful.

    amazing review as always :)
    Melissa x
    http://melissazia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a shame Lush is not available here in Malaysia, I've read so many rave reviews about their products but this is definitely the first post that I've read on their makeup.

    Shireen xx
    http://reflectionofsanity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore lush, it's impossible to walk in there and not come out having bought something! I don't think I've tried this product before though so I might have to!

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the makeup range from LUSH, think there are some lovely products there. I haven't tried this before, but sounds like I might need to give it a go :-)

    Christine, x
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I properly ADORE the eyeliner. Its the only one I've found that actually stays where it is meant to! Emotional Brilliance is now on my next Lush shopping list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lush but I've never tried their cosmetics, I'll have to check it out! xx

    www.crimsonblush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this incredible review!! Definitely getting this next time I go to Lush :) I have used the mascara and highlighter from the emotional brilliance range but not this xx

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really interesting. How do you think this will work on men's skin? I sometime use a translucent powder to rid my nose and forehead areas of shine (when I apply a BB or CC cream). Does this clearly show a pinkish colour?

    Gedlab.com – A blog for the modern man
    Malebloggers on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lush's makeup range is incredible. have you tried the EB colours yet? I've got the bright red and dark purple in my kit and they are absolute must haves!
    www.shemightbeloved.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a huge Lush fan but never tried any of their make-up. This sounds great though!
    Also, just found your blog and love it!
    Jade x
    www.jadeddaily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks hun! im glad you like it, im a massive lush fan as well they seem to be doing really well in terms of products they bring out

    ReplyDelete
  13. I honestly didnt think it would be that good but i was surprised when it was i still have to try the lip colours but i love the eyeliners and the bases

    ReplyDelete
  14. It works fine on mens skin i use it quite a lot and havent had any problems the fact its clear is great as well for us

    ReplyDelete
  15. Youre welcome im glad you enjoyed reading! What is the mascara like i saw it but hadnt tried it

    ReplyDelete
  16. It seems to be like a lot of people dont use the makeup much but they so should its a fantastic range

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are so good arnt they! i love the gold and the silver ones and the blue is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. There really are some surprises you think it will be not as good as others and youre pleasantly surprised whats your favourite? :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. It really is impossible to just walk in and look haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow really that is sad! hopefully they will come to your country soon?

    ReplyDelete
  21. You totally should youll love it! the highlighter they do as well is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. the powder would be a good start and maybe some eyeliners and lip colours?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!