Autumn/Winter 2013 Makeup Trends

Hey Beauties!

I was asked to do more of these posts and i actually like doing them because they are fun and they do keep me on the ball with trends.
This season tends to be a bit more out there with weird makeup rather than your time honored traditions which i love but you can take parts from the trends and incorporate it into your look

Firstly i saw a lot of Cat Eyes on the runway this season quite a few shows had their models sporting some quite weird but wonderful variations of the original cat eye (Christian Dior and Jason Wu) You can get this look using Illamasqua Precision Gel Eyeliner in Infinity.























I saw quite a lot of my favourite kind of makeup really dark and dramatic with lots of deep colours like Blacks, Burgundys and just a lot of quite warm tones on the eyes (Gucci, Elie Saab) Its almost like grunge has made its comeback to the catwalk which i absolutely love! The Daniel Sandler "Scandal at Midnight" Palette would be perfect for this look.




Skin has become really important in the last season to this season ive saw a lot of really glowy luminous skin its said that makeup artists spent 5 times as long on skin as they normally would just to get that really flawless "not made up" finished look Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Foundation will give that gorgeous glowy skin without making you look too made up its great as its light reflectant too. 



As always Brows feature quite heavily in some shows the trend going away from thinner, structured brows to becoming thicker and more defined i think the trend is mostly thanks to Cara Delevingne. I love to use MAC Brow Pencils when filling in brows i often use the colour "Lingering"



Lips were also really big this season it was actually really nice to see they were all about texture from Matte Lips to Glossy and Velvet etc. It was all about different tones of reds i saw Berry tones to read bright letter box reds. You could use Illamasqua Shard, Box, Sangers, Howl and Maneater



What do you think of the AW Trends?
What is your favourite?
Leave a comment!



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

15 comments:

  1. sarirah17:41

    Makeup always looks so stunning on runway. The I forget it'll look nothing like that when I attempt to wear it. Haha. Cat eyes and glowy skin are my favourites to come. And of course, I love some nice brows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt17:59

    I will do either the metallic look or the statement lip - depending on my mood and outfit, but then again - makeup is about creative expression, so why limit yourself? Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belle18:59

    I always love autumn makeup, I think the matte lips will be something I will wear a lot. I am also trying to get thicker brows, Cara-like hopefully!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray! AW is back - pale skin, think eyebrows and berry coloured lips - it was designed for me! Thanks Andy xx PS Really want Illamasqua's Shard Lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. corndena08:10

    looks gorgeous


    www.artisoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorraine Pierce12:19

    I noticed the "no eyeliner/mascara' look in two photos. I like that! Much faster in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ileana13:42

    Hi !! Im new in grab a friend... :)

    Im now following u on bloglovin and gfc... :)

    Im terrible with make up... I usually just use the usual bb cream... a little shimmer, and try to stay in trend with the lipstick shade. Really love the burgundy shade!

    Hope we can stay in touch :)

    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following! everyone can get better at makeup and im sure you are not that bad haha x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always a time saver! :P x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Youre welcome! im glad you liked this post! and Shard is amazing you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Matte Lips its such a classy thing but then again i really do like glossy lips haha x

    ReplyDelete
  12. exactly why limit yourself! dunk your head in glitter if you want ahah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You could always try? practice makes perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I'd EVER be brave enough to leave the house without mascara, and eyeliner haha :D xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  15. danielletc22:37

    Thank god bigger brows are back!

    By the way, I love your blog logo/header :) x

    Danielle · danielletc.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!