My Top 5 Products for 2014


Hey Beauties!

I thought this would be quite a good post because it shows 5 products i think everyone needs in 2014 3 of them are high end and the other drugstore so there is some variance there.

My first pick is the Benefit Dandelion Ultra Plush Lipgloss (£14.50) which is a pearly pink colour, its so cute if you just want a hint of colour on your lips or if you just like using lipgloss it also makes a great addition to lipstick put this on top for a gorgeous shine. I really like these lipglosses simply because they arnt sticky at all they are more of a gel texture so thats a big plus for me




My next pick is the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush (£15.50) (full review) in any shade, i recently review the colour "Glamour" which is a Terracotta Pink its perfect for any skin tone which makes it really versatile i like the fact you can build up the pigment with these either have a sheer wash of colour or something bright and eye catching



Then we have something which i use on a day to day basis the Oribe Dry Texturising Spray which comes in 2 sizes the 75ml is £18 or the 300ml is £38. What i like best about this product is that it can be used in a number of different ways either on shorter hair to give a messy texture or it can be used in longer hair to create texture or volume its great to use for teasing.



My last highend pick has to be the Makeup Atelier Paris Gel Eyeliner (£13) (full review) simply because its so versatile it can be used as a smudge proof/water resistant base that can be blended out to create a gorgeous smokey eye or as its intended purpose as an eyeliner. I think the big selling point of this eyeliner is the fact its smooth like butter so its a dream to apply but once you apply it its not coming off unless you physically remove it with a good waterproof makeup remover


My final pick would have the be the KIKO Velvet Mat Lipstick (£6.90) (full review) this one in particular shade 604 which is a bright orange which would be perfect for Spring/Summer. I love the texture of these lipsticks they go on really softly and as they are a Velvet Mat they do tend to last longer than some lipsticks another thing i like is the pigment 1 swipe and you have a really bright orange lip 



What are your top picks for 2014?
Leave a Comment!


I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

10 comments:

  1. Those watercolour blushers are great. I should really dig mine out of the stash. Haven't used it since the Summer. Those Kiko lipsticks sound lovely as well especially they shade you've swatched there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watercolour blushers look really good x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the blush color is so pretty. I'm in Canada and don't think the brand is available here. My top pick so far this year is my GlamGlow supermud mask. Really helps clear pores and make my skin super soft afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dandelion gloss looks fab! Definitely will be swatching it next time I'm at Sephora! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the wife has commented above, none of these products I would use, but I know she likes Benefit products
    Beautykinguk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea you could buy Atelier in the U.K. (I'm so out of the loop on cosmetics!). They have some gorgeous products, don't they. I love Benefits Dandelion blush, but the lip gloss would be too pale on me. Kiko is a brand I want to try. They have some really nice products and are so affordable.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would like the lipgloss it's not opaque so it wouldn't be pale it would just look kind of glossy

      You can get makeup atelier on Love makeup or from them directly at Atelier Paris UK xx

      Delete
  7. I have that gloss, it was a magazine freebie and I love it! The Dandelion powder was one of my first high-end buys as a teen, and I still adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still staying from that Oribe spray cuz I'm convinced that I'll fall in love with it and I just can't justify the price???? x

    Daphne | subgenre of a dream | bloglovin | youtube

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!