Spring/Summer Trends 2013 Part 2- The 60's



Hey Beauties!
This is the second part to my Spring/Summer Trend posts and this one is about the 60's inspired makeup that we have been seeing all over the catwalk on shows from Michael Kors, Chanel who opted for a more futuristic look with thick liner and the metallic silver shadow which can be recreated with Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Phenomena, a molten silver, I also love the look that Pat McGrath did for Guido Palau, it was a glossy peachy lid with lots of mascara and soft pink lips also everyone knows how much i love Cara Delevingne she was sporting a very classic 60's look for the Marc Jacobs show, the strong brows and contoured liner in the socket which i think looks really great i'm not too keen on the pale lips though but that was what was there.

When we talk about fashion you don't need to do things straight from the catwalk you can take things little inspiration bits and put them to work in your daily life, for example stronger brows or the 60's flick with your liner try using different colours that way you are taking the idea from the Neons which was a hit this S/S and use it in a liner its just all about taking things from the past and making them more modern.
One thing you can take from SS13 is that Dewy/Illuminated skin is really in right now, you can get these looks from using things like MAC Strobe Cream mixed in with your foundation or even apply it first, Illamasqua Gleam to give you that dewy highlighted look, Benefit highbeam is another great product for this or if you want something a little less in your face you could use Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Icing which is a gorgeous pink icing type colour its gorgeous because it looks so natural and light from within

Daniel Sandler gave me his suggestions on what he liked this season he loves the really bright neon eyes which can be found in the shows of Dior, Donna Karan, Michael Kors or the Graphic eyeliner that was used in the Moschino show


What are your favorite things from this season?
What interests you the most?

Leave a Comment! 


I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

6 comments:

  1. Ged_in_London09:27

    Great post Andy. I know pretty much zero about makeup but I have noticed bright colours making a huge comeback which is nice to see, especially as we (painfully slowly) move towards summer. The 60s is obviously here to stay as it makes a comeback every single year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystel Couture22:05

    I love the make-up very pretty, Hope you had a great weekend xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah bright colours are massive this season it's amazing how once you star noticing you can't help butt see it everywhere
    I doubt Scotland will even get a summer haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe Newlove21:28

    I love the sixties and neon trends! great post lovely! What would you recommend to try from Daniel Sandler I am yet to try anything from his range! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im obsessed with neons too hah you should totally get Watercolour Blush and his eyeshadow quads they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!