Cheek Products Used in My Kit

Hey Beauties!

So I was asked on Twitter what products I use for Cheeks in my kit so I thought i'd show you guys what products I generally use while on shoots or with Clients.





When i'm working on Shoots/Clients I will use a range of different things but i will always carry a few things that never change some are things I keep adding when I run out and some are new additions. I will often work from a palette like my MAC Pro Palette above which has 6 colours that i love, Harmony is the best Contour colour i have ever used in a powder format
I love using Illamasqua Cream pigment in Hollow for Contouring on lighter skin tones as it looks just like a shadow but you have to be careful because if you use too much it can get muddy looking.

Right now im having a big thing for using creams, i feel they give the skin such a nice finish rather than having to much powder on the face the ones i love using are:



  • MAC Pro Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture- This is a great colour for contouring on people from Medium plus skin tones because it is quite dark in the pan but once you buff and work it in it looks fine not to mention it doesn't have too much red orange tones so it won't look fake on you
  • Hollow from Illamasqua 
  • Revlon  Photoready Cream Blush- Perfect texture its really blendable and lasts a long time
  • Topshop Cream Blush- Not something i use all that often but i do love the colour and texture
  • Illamasqua Cream Blush in Lies- One of my favourite Highlighters for the cheekbones also a really gorgeous blush for people will super pale skin



I dont alway use creams sometimes depending on the skin of the person i'm working on i will use powders i feel powders work and look better on those with Oily skin because adding too much creams can just make the makeup look shiny and wear off easily.
Right now i'm loving-

  • Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc
  • NARS Albatross
  • Tom Ford Narcissist
I find keeping a range of colours for different skin tones as well as skin types works really well actually thinking about a persons skin type when applying makeup can make a world of difference if they are really oily don't apply a ton of creams because the fact is they won't last or applying to many powder products to someone who has really dry skin or is a mature person, you just have to know what flatters what kind of person and skin type/tone

What do you use/like the most?
Powder or Cream?
Leave a comment!



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this post its grate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! <3 hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie01:23

    Hey I would love you to do a simple Autumn look video if you get the chance xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiii I'm jae o.o I found your site on the share the love blog hop :3. I love it! you have such neat eyeshadows and styles :D You seem to be an actual makeup artist o.o that must be fun. I personally like powders more but I just tried a cream the other day and it was awful, just felt weird lol


    Will be following now. See ya later!
    -Jae
    foodandink.wordpress.com
    @jaedollason

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheek products are probably my most favorite within my collection. Thank you for sharing your cheek items!!!

    New follower (Moonlight Gleam), follow back?

    http://www.simplyblushed.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, yeah i love cheek products to be honest they are one of my favourites x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! :D yeah i am a makeup artist thanks for commenting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah i could do that for you! :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!