How to Create Scars/Knife Wounds for Halloween using Makeup

Hey Beauties!

I thought I would do a post on how to make scars using things you could easily find in your local joke shop or costume shop.
I got most of the stuff I have for this from Tam Shepherds in Glasgow on Queen Street

What you will need is:



Ive used Grimas Derma Wax, Illamasqua Loose Powder in LP210, Blood, Oil, Grease Paints, Spatula





How did i do this??-
  • Apply the Wax to your skin carefully. Take a little vaseline or a tiny bit of oil ((WARNING!- don't use to much oil or you will destroy your work)) and blend the edges into the skin so you cant see its fak
  • Once it is all blended take a Cotton Round or Small Fluffy Brush and powder the wax this will take away any shine and make it matte also if you use tinted powder it will make it more Flesh like
  • Take your spatula and make an incision down the length of the scar, careful not to pull the wax up try to rough up the edges to make it seem more real
  • Take some cotton from the middle of the cotton round and place it in the lid of the wax, mix some Blood with the Cotton still the cotton is covered. Use tweezers to lift the covered cotton out and lay it into the scar, it should be the same length as the scar 
  • Place some blood in the place it would drip out, let it drip from a more authentic look






I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Love it :) I wanted to make a scar on Mr Wildthyme last night but he refused point blank. I guess he thought I was going to make a real cut, haha.

    Watched and liked the vid earlier this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!