NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base Review


Hey Beauties

I recently bought the NARS Pro Prime from House of Fraser because i wanted to try a new primer as i had run out of my Urban Decay Primer Potion which i absolutely love! So i asked for recommendations on twitter and Lisa Eldridge suggested the NARS Pro Prime as it was her favourite so i went out and bought it.

Primers are used to extend the wear of makeup, to prevent creasing and sometimes to brighten and give a kick to the colours you're using to make them more intense. Primers come in all different types from Matte Primers, Shimmery, Extending wear, even out colour etc

The NARS Pro Prime comes like the Urban Decay Primer Potion used too in a lipgloss like tube with a doe foot applicator which at times can be quite annoying because its so stiff but it think its quite a good thing too as it stops you using too much product.
Unlike other primers this is totally clear and has no colour to it once you apply it and blend it into the eyelid


This might sound crazy but i actually prefer this now to the Urban Decay Primer Potion because it keeps the eyeshadow on for ages, it matties the lids and best of all it brightens and intensifies the colours that you apply on top of it, it almost acts like a magnet which is just what i want from a primer. I know a lot of primers end up cracking or flaking from long wear but i didn't find this at all i found no creasing or not moving at all and that was after at least 6/7 hours of wear on a full day of filming.
I have used this primer under the eyes on occasion when i wanted to apply concealer its a great trick because the concealer will go on smoothly and evenly and last all day and won't crease because of the primer under it


Above i applied the lime green colour from the NARS Rated R Duo. The swatch on the bottom is just the colour alone and the colour on top is the one applied with the NARS Pro Prime underneath as you can see its more vibrant, looks smoother and look more even in terms of colour.

If you want a primer that will extend the wear of your eyeshadows, prevent creasing and give vibrancy to your shadows then try out the Pro Prime its £19 whereas Urban Decay Primer Potion is £15 but i feel the Pro Prime performs better


What do you think of Pro Prime?
What's your favourite Eye Primer?
Leave a comment!



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

17 comments:

  1. Sinead Danielle11:40

    I've been on the lookout for an eye primer for a while now, think I might have to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It a bit more expensive than UDPP but its worth it this stuff is like a magnet! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bnii16:23

    Im putting this on my list right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the tip on putting primer under my eyes, as I hate it when concealer creases if I have been a little heavy handed in applying :)

    Paula at Beauty Lover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayla03:34

    I like that its completely clear. Great review, I might have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mirela Kasimovic12:00

    Both NARS Smudgeproof and Urban Decay Primer Potion has similar consistency. NARS is completely matte and UDPP is slight shimmery. The major difference between the two is the price. UDPP is less expensive than NARS. I like UDPP:)

    Mirela Kasimovic (http://marrymemakeup.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. modestglamamor17:00

    I need a new primer I might have to try this out

    Please feel free to stop by my blog http://modestglamamor.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest i think this is farrr better :P x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah i love that its clear because anyone can use it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its such a good tip to be honest i never thought of it until i actually tried it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zoe Newlove23:03

    I only ever use this primer now, it's brilliant! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect, thanks for the recommendation. I do prefer that its not shimmery and more matt so it lets the shadow 'shine' more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its such a good primer isnt it! much better than UDPP x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Youre welcome hun! im totally with you i like to be able to add my own shine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shaz De Vos12:15

    I think I've now found a new eye primer to buy! I've been looking for a eye primer as I haven't been using one and I heard a lot things about urban decay but this one sounds great! I'm stuck for choice haha


    apinchofshaz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!