Save or Splurge- Sleek Pout Paints and OCC Lip Tars




Hey Beauties!
I thought i would do a comparison post since i haven't done one of these in a while. I am going to compare 2 quite similar products one being from the drugstore and the other higher end.



The Sleek MakeUP Pout Paints are an intensely pigmented Glossy stain why an almost creamy texture which are from Superdrug although don't let the fact its from a drugstore fool you these do a pretty good job at being a lower end version of the lip tars
They come in a variety of different colours from reds, peaches, oranges and even a blue tone which is something you don't usually find in a drug store. They contain around 8ml of product for £4.99 which for a product like this is well worth it.
I have the colours Port, Lava and Peachy Keen. These colours are pretty intense you only need a little bit of product for your entire lips the key is to use less because if you use more it will start to shift and bleed. What i don't like about these is that they tend to separate in the tubes so you have to shake them quite a bit to make them mix back together. I feel like these are more moisturising and soft on the lips this must be due to the Glycerin in the ingredients that is missing from the Lip Tars



Then we have the OCC Lip Tars which are the new Stained Gloss kind which i really like but apart from the stain i don't see much different in them maybe they are a little less pigmented but still pack quite a punch.
These come with 10ml of product for £11.95 so you could get 2 of the Sleek Pout Paints for 1 of the OCC Lip Tars but you are getting more product and i find the staining properties of the OCC Lip Tars are better than the above. They do have a slight minty smell which i like but maybe others won't so keep that in mind
I have the colours Androgyne, Meta and Jealous which again are gorgeous colours, the orange "Androgyne" is a total on trend colour for SS13. I can't say enough on how bright these are what you see in the tube is what you get when you apply, As above you have to be careful with how much you apply because it will bleed and spread of you apply too much.

For both the Sleek MakeUP Pout Paints and OCC Lip Tars are best applied with a precision lip brush so you can get the precise application you need for such pigmented products. These products are good but you have to take the time to apply them because you can't apply them straight from the tube as a lipgloss because they aren't a lipgloss and it wouldn't look very good

Above- OCC Lip Tars
Below- Sleek MakeUP Pout Paint

As you can see above they pretty much look the same, i would like the think they pretty much do the same job i don't think there is much of a "winner" here both are good if you can afford the OCC Lip Tars go ahead and try them but if you don't have the money then you don't have to worry as the Pout Paints are just as good.

You can purchase the Sleek MakeUP Pout Paints online at sleekmakeup.com or in superdrug
You can purchase the OCC Lip Tars from Cocktailcosmetics.co.uk

What are your favourites?
Lip Tars or Pout Paints?
Leave a Comment!



I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

15 comments:

  1. Beautyqueenuk12:51

    The sleek ones look a little bit brighter than the OCC ones in your swatch xx

    Lots of Love Beautyqueenuk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne Read13:17

    They are really similar products, I'm pretty sure the formula bases aren't that different. The only bonus is that OCC have a greater colour and finish range and always will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naomi Oforiokuma16:37

    I always take a look at the Sleek counter because of all the gorgeous colours but always find myself bypassing the Pout Paints because I was worried they wouldn't be any good! This post means I'll definitely be trying them soon! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chantel17:55

    Gorgeous lip colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne22:14

    Been wondering whether there was much difference as both the Sleek and OCC versions have taken my eye. Think its the painter in me just wants to play around with creating all the colours of the rainbow and them some with these. Thanks for this post, It has really been helpful. x
    Leanne | topazstarz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lusting after the OCC Lip Tars but have been wondering about the Sleek one's after seeing them come up in July's Glossybox. I ordered the Glossybox hoping I might get one of these but unfortunately I didn't (the box was still amazing though, I wasn't disappointed!). I'd definitely consider picking as they're much easier to get hold of than the Lip Tars and obviously cheaper :)

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt09:25

    Wow, they look super pigmented - although I'm not sure I'll get any of them since there seems to be a nack to applying them, and the more fuss free for me, the better

    ReplyDelete
  8. UncovertheUntold15:15

    I was looking to pick up the lip tars but might get the sleek ones instead :)

    Feyi
    Uncover the
    Untold

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you can afford it get one of both? and see which one you like best? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah i think this is a fuss product because you do have to take the time to apply it rather than say a lipstick you can just apply and go x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate when that happens haha its like you really want it and it doesnt happen boo haha!
    I think the sleek are just as good and they are really easy to get a hold of x

    ReplyDelete
  12. to be honest there is not much difference and i was the same i mixed them all and i found they are look much better when you create your own because you control what it looks like x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are a pretty awesome product you would have never suspected to be in a drugstore they are well worth trying x

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah i totally agree they do have more colours and finishes but then again its a more expensive range so i think they can afford to do that? x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have one of the Pout Paints but I hardly ever use it - oops! Might have to whip it out and have a play! (Just re-read that last sentence and it sounds filthy! Leaving it in though...) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!