What should be in my portfolio as a Model?!


Having images in your portfolio is very important..you want to be able to show potential clients the best of you. So..what type of images do you put in your portfolio? 

Have a Polaroid type photo of your face, with no or minimal make up, and a full length photo.
This will show your clients what YOU really look like with out any fancy lighting, editing, make up artist etc etc.

Other type of professional photos to include in your portfolio would be, natural looks, and dramatic/bold looks. You want to be able to show that you are versatile, you're not just a one trick pony who can 
only pull off one look.

Make sure you have a mix of images that range from beauty, fashion, editorial, and make sure that not all of them are just in a studio, or on location.

Personally I have two types of portfolios. I have my online one, and I have a printed one. The printed one I take with me to all my shoots, so if I am at a photoshoot, and I am working with people who haven’t seen my work online..then I can show them my printed folio and give them a link to where they can find more of my work.   

In my printed portfolio, I started off with only 10 images. There was 5 headshots, and 5 full length or ¾ length. As I have done more and more work, I have added to it, and taken away the images that are maybe not my strongest any more. I have asked opinions of other professionals, if I can not decide on particular photos from the same shoot, or that are quite similar. I have also asked for peoples opinions on my portfolio as to which are my strongest and weakest images. This, I find is important to do, as you become attached to the images yourself...so asking a few different people what they prefer, and why, can help you to decide what should and should not be in your portfolio.

Keep your portfolio up to date!! If you keep around a printed portfolio that hasn’t been updated for more than 6 months (depends on how often you book a shoot) think about looking through your images you have received most recently and pick one or two that would help update your current portfolio.
   



I hope this has helped...and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!! :)


Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!