Blush, Bronzer, Contour and Highlight Review!

I love face products as they as they shape or add colour and luminance which we all love even if you love the Pale 1920's look or your a Bronzed Goddess.
My Favorites range from drug store to highend! (In no order)

  • Benefit Perfect 10- This is a Bronzer and Highlighter in one which might sound weird but it smells amazing!! ((what is it with me smelling makeup haha)) You get a really nice pinky highlighter that looks to have some golden undertones which is really nice i love this because it really does highlight the cheeks nicely. The Bronzer side is really nice aswell because it is shimmery but not glittery, its really soft smooth and silky it has some golden and bronze undertones in it. The thing with the "Perfect 10" is that it can be used with the soft brush supplied and swept in the powder to put both on at once 

  • Illamasqua Powdered Metal in Thalia - This is really a powder but i think it looks really nice once you have put Bronzer on and this goes over the top i like it to give a shimmery contour aswell ((even though Contour is supposed to be Matte, when do i follow rules?))  This is really amazing because it doesnt glitter, it sort of glistens, i dont really know how to describe its beauty its weird but so pretty

  • Illamasqua Bronzer in Writhe- I again love this bronzer as it is again ...shiney? gives a really nice glow but when you buff it is it just looks like a really nice soft silky almost matte brown amazing! this is my go to Bronzer as well as Hex Medium Pencil (Yes i use a liner to contour haha) I use the Illamasqua Contour Brush for this! If i could recommend any of the Bronzers get one from Illamasqua! i also love it because it has the Illamasqua Symbol pressed into the Powder
  • Illamasqua Powder Blusher(Multiple ones)- I have 3 different Powder Blushes from Illamasqua, These blushes are fantastic, they are super pigmented more so than MAC. One tap of these blushes and sometimes thats to much these will last you for months and months i can promise you that.
      • Lover- is a a salmon-y peachy colour which looks really nice on olive skin tones and lighter pale skin tones 

      • Hussy- is a Bright Candy Peach which looks amazing on pale and darker tones but again this is really pigmented so a light hand is needed!

      • Intrigue - is a Matte White Highlighter but can be used as a blush for artistic looks, i love this as it is amazing as just a block white highlight i find this would be good for drag as it has no shimmer so pictures would be perfect in saying that would be amazing for photography aswell

  • Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Laid- is a Bright Rose Pink with a Dewy Finish. I have to admit i haven't used this much because i like using Hussy or Lover but i have tried it and if you thought the Powder Blusher was pigmented you haven't tried these they are so creamy and long lasting, they arnt oily at all i love how smooth they feel. They would be really good for older skin as they wont skin into wrinkles or pores as a powder would most likely do
  • Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow in Grope ((i know!!, but its a good highlight for lighter skin -Matte-))- I love this because its a really nice colour and goes on my skin really nice if i dont want a white highlight i will put this one and it gives a more natural highlight as its practically skin toned ((i think it has been discontinued))
  • W7 Bronze Shimmer- I like this because its a really nice bronzer its quite similar to Writhe (a bit darker and less glow-y) But it is really soft and goes on well and doesnt cake up 
W7 The Bronzer CompactIt isnt really that dark, i think its just the picture



  • YSL Touche Eclat- is a Highlighter or Luminator.
    i dont think i have one bad thing to say about this maybe could use more but still it works amazingly you use it on the places you want to highlight and it does just that. I use it under the arches of my eyebrows and it makes it look amazing i also use it to outline my lips and blend out giving a more fuller sexy look This comes in Touche Eclat for men aswell which has less shimmer in it


Stuart Pilkington launches YSL Touche Eclat For Men at Selfridges on September 11, 2008 in London, England.

A bonus picture of the Hottie Using YSL Touche Eclat L'Homme


Also credit to http://www.temptalia.com/ as i used there images as my camera isnt going on! -sad face-
Email me your questions or if you have suggestions or need advice to :

MrAJBx3
XoXo

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this brilliant review! It's so detailed and made for a very interesting read.

    You have a wonderful blog, I will definitly check back to read more of your posts. "Followers" isn't working for me at the moment, but I will follow you when it is up and running again. I wish you all the luck in the world with your blog(although I am sure you do not need it).

    All the best,
    Voe.
    _____________________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous19:18

    Love your blog :) Here are some awards :) XOXO

    http://kittyvixen85.blogspot.com/2011/06/awards-awards-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Voe thats fine:P just comment and follow soon hehe xx

    @kittyvixen85 aww thanks! :P can you explain to me how that works im a bit confused

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!