Save or Splurge: Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals vs Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Contour Brush

Save or Splurge: Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals vs Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Contour Brush



Hey Beauties!


I feel like its been so long since i have done a Save or Splurge post but recently i found 2 things that i could compare that i thought would make quite a good post. I found out that the Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals and the Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Contour Brush look pretty much the same.....but do they perform the same?

[caption id="attachment_894" align="aligncenter" width="1280"]Save or Splurge: Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals vs Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Contour Brush Top: Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Contour Brush (£9.99) Bottom: Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals Brush (£22.00)[/caption]

Both are what is called a flat top contour brush, these basically give you a really defined contour because the brush itself is really densely packed.
I like the fact that both look very luxe and feel very luxe in the hand i do feel the Real Techniques one is a nicer to use because of the shape of the brush not to mention its weighted really well.

I have to be that typical blogger and admit that i do love the colour of the brush as well, the rose gold is gorgeous i just think in general this brush is a work of art simply because its beautiful.

Save or Splurge: Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals vs Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Contour Brush


First, we have the Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals Brush which is part of the luxe range of brushes that Sam and Nic Chapman do. These are created with higher quality materials like the metals for the brush, the bristles etc. I really like the  301 Brush as it picks up product with minimal effort, applies it and blends it well without the contour looking to stripey. This works with both cream and powder. The bristles on the brush are beyond soft its one of those brushes that can't stop touching because it's so soft.

Save or Splurge: Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals vs Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Contour Brush


Next we have the Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Contour Brush, this can be found in Superdrug. I honestly think that this brush might have been created as an affordable dupe for the Bold Metals Brushes because even the name sounds similar.
While they do look the same the brushes themselves are quite different, this brush is really good for blending out your contour but i would say its not really suitable for applying product. When ive used it before ive found that it applies a ton of product to one specific area so it makes it hard to move it around and blend but if you apply product with another brush and use this to blend you get a gorgeous finish. I think this might be due to the face that this is so super densely packed even more so than the Real Techniques brush. This brush is also a little bit more bulky and weighty but to be fair for only £10 its a great contender in the drug store because i feel like a contour brush is something quite hard to get right.

Save or Splurge: Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals vs Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Contour Brush


Overall i prefer the Real Techniques Bold Metals Brush as i feel there is less messing about and i can do everything with this brush rather than just blend.
You can find these brushes in Boots and Superdrug online and instore.

Which is your favourite?
Real Techniques or Makeup Revolution
Leave a Comment!


I’m happy to answer any and all questions.
Tweet me: @BeautyandTheBoy Instagram: @Beautyandtheboy

If you love my blog don’t forget to follow on Bloglovin: Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading.

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

8 comments:

  1. Both brushes look gorgeous - gotta love rose gold!

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gossip Darling22:18

    I am obsessed with both rose gold and RT brushes!!! They are amazing quality and so reasonably priced!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so useful- I love the Real Techniques brushes but I was eyeing up the Makeup revolution brushes the other day as an alternative as they are so affordable!! Gotta love Real Techniques they are such amazing quality xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I read this! Ive been debating between the two for a while now but I think your review has sold me on the RT one. BUT, I do love the sound of the Makeup Rev one... So maybe Ill treat myself to both ;) kate xx

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of these brushes! Such a gorgeous colour. I've been after the RT version for ages, and while I had heard that the MR version was a dupe I think I'll stick to the original. Great review Andrew.

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  6. These brushes are so pretty. I love the weighted feel of the RT Bold Metal brushes and their bristles are really soft.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
  7. I STILL need to try the bold metals RT brushes - I haven't picked any up yet! I don't think I would bother with the rev brushes though as I just can't imagine the qulaity is good enough for long term use x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got both sets and I prefer some of the RT ones and others from Makeup Revolution. I prefer the Makeup Revolution powder brush over RT but the triangle-ish foundation brush is better from RT. My perfect set is half and half.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!