Guerlain Terracotta "Sun in the City" Illuminating Powder

Hey Beauties,
Sorry i haven't blogged in awhile i'm actually having problems with my computer.....it broke haha

Recently I had a got some money to spend so i went to Guerlain because i had always wanted to try something from them. I was planning on getting Meteorites or Terracotta Bronzer but I came across this gorgeous illuminating powder which was special edition. Its called the  Terracotta "Sun in the City" and its a gorgeous golden colour that reminds me of the Estee Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelee.

The Guerlain Terracotta "Sun in the City" Illuminating Powder has such a soft texture to it and blends like a dream but that isnt the best part, I love the packaging beyond anything I have ever seen before


I just think that the thought and the actual craftsmanship that goes into creating one of these is amazing, the patterns and the texture. Its simply amazing!
When using the product you get the most gorgeous true gold colour not this fake yellow gold colour but a true rich gold colour. It is meant to me a highlighter for your face but this would make an amazing eye colour as well if you blended it with other colours you would get an amazing summery look. There might be one bad thing to it though if you arnt used to or dont like fragrances this may not be for you because it is so heavily scented but i really like the scent because it feels quite classy and sophisticated

You only need a small amount for a big impact with this product as it looks natural but you can make yourself a gold glitter bomb haha. The Pigmentation is quite impressive because you wouldn't think it to be. I would say it does last quite long but not if you touch your face a lot although as Christine from Temptalia said in her review  "When I wore this, it lasted for seven hours with noticeable (but not disastrous) fading by the eighth hour" I think this would look even more amazing on people with darker skin because it would give such a gorgeous glow to the skin

"This is a heavy watch of the product"
Product up close


As you can see above the swatch shows that it is pigmented and looks gorgeous on the skin. I would say rather than the product being overly glittery its more of a sheen like a shimmer than a glitter.

Overall the Guerlain Terracotta "Sun in the City" Illuminating Powder contains 15g of product for £43 or $70 USD and is available from Guerlain Counters or online at House of Fraser in the UK


What do you think?
Do you buy for Presentation?
Leave a Comment!





I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesMUA
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow me by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Christina May17:03

    I got this on holiday last year and I love it! It will literally last ages as well since it's so large :) great review!

    Christina xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!