My Top 5 Products for Men in 2014


My Top 5 Products for Men in 2014

Hey Beauties!

If you read my post a few weeks back on my Top 5 Favourite Products for 2014 (full post here) it was all about products for women so i thought i would do a post for the image conscious man so ive gathered together 5 products that i think every guy should use.

My first pick would be the Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer (£20.50), a Primer is really useful when starting to apply your makeup because it helps to give a smooth canvas and this particular primer reduces fine lines, pores and also contains an SPF of 20. This primer has to be my favourite primer over all i have tried a lot of different ones and always find myself coming back to this.

Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Primer


My next pick is the Nspa Men Anti-Fatigue Eye Gel* (£3.50) I really love this because the thing is it actually works, ive tried a lot of undereye creams and i honestly dont see any different but with this i did notice a big difference in the puffiness under my eyes it helped to perk up my undereyes with just one use which to me is great because that is a problem area for me. The Nspa Men Anti-Fatigue Eye Gel also has another great little factor that it helps not only to decrease puffiness but claims to reduce dark circles under the eyes. I think this would be a great little product for someone one the go a lot

Nspa Men Anti-Fatigue Eye Gel*


My third pick is the Benefit Fake up Concealer(£18.50) Fakeup is a hydrating crease proof concealer which means its going to be great for the under eye area as the undereye area tends to get a little dry in my case anyway i find this to be the only concealer that doesnt cake up or dry my skin out as i do tend to have drier skin usually. Fakeup contains a hydrating ring which has vitamin E & apple seed extract for immediate moisturisation. The concealing core hides dark circles, smooths skin and diffuses light.

Benefit Fake up Concealer


My last pick is really important because brows shape the face and can either make or break you, I know i said top 5 but i thought i could count these as one because the Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel (£11.50) is clear whereas the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara (£4.49) is coloured as sometimes you dont need to fill with colour you just need to "tame" them.
The Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel is a clear gel that holds the brows into place you just brush it through the brows and it keeps everything in place the same with the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara but this has a colour to it and would be best for people who have either gaps in the hair of their brows or if they dont have much hair

Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara

This last choice is optional but its the Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (£13) which comes in 4 matte shades and for a bronzer that is amazing because you never want something with glitter or sparkle because you dont tan with a sparkle unless youre Edward Cullen. The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder is great for warming up the skin when you are feeling a little drained its a great product for adding some life into your skin but be careful not to go overboard or you will look like one of those "tango girls"

Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder


What are your top 5 products?
Do you use any of the above?
Leave a Comment!


I'm happy to answer any and all questions.
For requests or questions etc send me a tweet @BeautyandTheBoy

If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin:Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading!

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

8 comments:

  1. I sometimes find picking products to use on male grooming shoots hard and often stick with mineral make-up but I can see how you could add all these products into your kit for men!

    Emilyxx
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21:06

    Andii! Saved my life. My favourite matte bronzer by Clinique was discontinued and even though my relationship with products from The Body Shop is tumultuous to say the least, I'll definitely give this a go! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not to mention its totally cheaper as well its pretty awesome let me know how you get on with it

      Delete
  3. Anonymous22:27

    Haha you always make me giggle. Edward Cullen does have an oddly glittery tan. Fake up concealer is great, I love it and it's definitely in my top five along with my elemis fresh skin matte moisturiser. It's great getting a guy's point of view on beauty as I think my bf would really like that eye gel. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thank you haha! yeah shimmery bronzer not a good look :P haha

      Delete
  4. Handige producten allemaal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great insight into male beauty products Andrew, I really want to get the bronzer for myself though haha

    Jenn www.BarelyThereBeauty.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading this, a makeup selection targeted towards guys. after trying benefit erase paste i may have to give the fakeup stick a try and the brow gel. :D

    Themintapple.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!