Save or Splurge- ELF Studio Stipple Brush and MAC 187

Hey Beauties!

Today im going to be doing a Comparison of the E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush and the MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush
In my opinion i think that the 187 is better just because it is more dense and i think it blends better it is also softer when blending because the fibres are softer and less "Scratchy".
They both work really well i do like them both as they both do the job but i personally prefer the 187 but if you are on a budget then the ELF Studio Stipple Brush is for you


MAC 187= £31 (($50 USD))
Elf Studio Stipple Brush= £3.50 (($3.50USD))
------£21.50 (($46.50 USD)) saving!


I love Duo fibre brushes now i dont think i will go back to the 190 type brush as it tends to make the foundation not blend to well but with the 187 you get that beautiful air brushes look at home. I also find that it tends to use of less product but give just as good coverage
With this brush you want to stipple in dapping motions rather than swirling as you will be blending away the airbrushed look

My overall opinion if you can afford the 187 get it but if not buy the  ELF Studio Stipple Brush as Duo Fibre is the way to go!!
                                                        
ELF Studio Stipple Brush
MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush

 
ELF Studio Stipple Brush


MAC 187 Duo Fibe Brush
    


Its just such an amazing brush for that Airbrushed finish, so if you like the airbrushed looked this is the brush for you


I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

For requests or questions not about the post, ask me on Twitter @AndrewJamesBlog
If you love my blog, Don't forget to follow me by CLICKING HERE! or following me on Bloglovin'

Thanks for Reading!



Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

10 comments:

  1. nykkib05:54

    It's good to know that the Elf brush works too! Because I would never spend a ton of money on brushes! I just bought some eco tools from Ulta and they work pretty well too! :) 

    xoxo, nykki
    http://mymaneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah its an amazing brush, i thought the 187 would be better but when i got it....was exactly the same tbh a little more flimsy but still good!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah its an amazing brush, i thought the 187 would be better but when i got it....was exactly the same tbh a little more flimsy but still good!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. nykkib06:22

    Yeah, I really can't see a reason to buy expensive products! I would rather be able to buy many things for the price of one expensive thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree but sometimes you have to get the good stuff because sometimes like really cheap stuff you never know whats in it like say  a $1 blush from a dollar store is packed with preservatives and tons of talc but like chanel or mac or illamasqua have like friendlier ingredients
    but there are some exceptions like sleek and elf etc xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a lot of savings... I hate spending so much on brushes, so this is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, its awesome because they both basically the same so why spend $40 on something you can get for $3 hah

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my eyes, MAC all the way! Though they both have a degree of fallout, I find ELF to lack quality in so many areas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, i would agree i like my 187 better but i was trying to show there are others out there that dont cost a ton of money and are just as good :P 
    my 187 has never shed tbh 

    Thanks for commenting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this post lovely :) been debating switching to a stippling over a 190 but wasn't sure whether to just get the mac one or save the money but I would rather just get the mac one that does the better job! Lovely meeting you at the bloggers meet!
    Much Love
    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!