Save or Splurge - Real Techniques VS Beauty Blender


Save or Splurge - Real Techniques VS Beauty Blender


Hey Beauties!


Let’s get one thing out there...I love a good makeup sponge and,  no I’m not talking about the makeup sponge of old,  I’m talking about the new type of sponges like your Beauty Blenders and Real Techniques. Now, a lot of people have used both types, but which is the best? 


Fortunately I have 2 of such sponges here - I’m going to be comparing the Real Techniques Miracle Mini Eraser Sponge and the Beauty Blender Micro Mini. Both are of the same shape and size but there are a few differences which I will talk about in a minute.  First off, the price point  is very different. The Beauty Blender is a lot more expensive coming in at around £15 depending on what site or store you buy it in and the Real Techniques Miracle Mini Eraser Sponge is £5.99


Save or Splurge - Real Techniques VS Beauty Blender


First off we can see that the shape is the same but the Real Techniques sponge, like the large version, had a slice cut out of it which is to aid in blending over larger surfaces. The top is also cut off which gives you a flat surface to erase makeup mistakes. I don’t use the Miracle Mini Eraser Sponge the way they say you should because I think it has so much more potential than just an eraser, I use it to blend concealer around the eyes and to apply to the nose. These smaller sponges are fantastic for when your regular sponge just won't cut it.



Save or Splurge - Real Techniques VS Beauty Blender

Next we have the Micro Mini by Beauty Blender and, this is just a personal opinion but, I think I like these better simply because they blend better.  They are softer and don’t tend to drag product the way I feel the Real Techniques sponge does. I like that the Micro Mini is basically just a smaller version of the original Beauty Blender. You want to use this cute little sponge on the smaller areas of your face – it’s fantastic for concealer and even better for blending out spots and pimples without aggravating them too much 

Save or Splurge - Real Techniques VS Beauty Blender

Comparing both together there isn’t much difference, the only difference I can see is the Micro Mini is a little softer so it makes it easier to move product around with. Apart from that there isn’t much to distinguish them –just the price! Even though they are said to do 2 different things, I feel like they aren’t that different at all…go figure.  

Save or Splurge - Real Techniques VS Beauty Blender

As with all of these posts if you can afford and prefer the more expensive version go for it but if you would like to try a more affordable option i always like to show a comparison this time being the Real Techniques Sponge


Talia James (The Skincare Saviour)

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Andrew and i'm from Glasgow in the UK. Hope You'll follow my blog where I talk about everything from skincare, hair and makeup to busting myths and breaking down trends. Feel free to contact me at andrew@beautyandtheboy.com id love to hear from you.

14 comments:

  1. Honestly Aine14:25

    I've gone off the larger Real Techniques sponges, they used to rock my socks but they've changed so much, I may have to try some new sponges to find that same texture. I've a mini sponge from W7 and use it around my eyes and concealer too, soooooo handy!

    Honestly Aine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Miracle Complexion sponge and use it daily. Haven't tried the Beauty Blender yet (due to the price) but I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

    Angela / Blush & Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review and comparison. I have not tried the Original BB but have and love the RT sponge. For the price of the BB verse the RT, I'll stick with the RT! Tal xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Face to Curls20:03

    Great review! Love the Miracle Complexion sponge and use it all the time. Much cheaper than the BB and does as good of a job.

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't own beauty blender only cos of price tbh. Plus i love my Real Techniques one as the flat edge is unique. I have just bought the small RT ones too and can't wait to try them. Fab read lovely photo :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't choose they are both brilliant, I usually buy the real techniques because it's more affordable :)
    I need to try the mini sponges

    Melissa // www.fruityflamingo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love both brands! I buy RT more because it's cheaper. I recently purchased the mini version so I can blend concealer under my eyes but I like the larger version better.

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same its easier to buy the RT ones because they are cheaper and more readily available than beauty blender in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks hun! im glad that you enjoyed the post x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Mini Sponges are awesome they are perfect for under the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Tal! you can kind of feel a difference between the two but they both do the same job to be honest

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah! i love when something is not as expensive and its almost better

    ReplyDelete
  13. They have changed i think they've gotten smaller or something

    ReplyDelete
  14. I only got the beauty blender because it was on sale in boots if it was at full price i doubt i would have bought it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post I really appreciate it, I would love to hear what you thought
I always try to get back to each and every comment
Thanks!